Current time: 29/03/2024, 13:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Avon Buses
RE: Avon Buses
It's not speculation though, speculation would be where somebody is saying somebody is going to take over not merely wondering if somebody will which is happening in this case. As for clogging the thread, well this company have gone and this thread will soon become redundant.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/10/2018 18:30)CKC 312L Wrote:  It would be a surprise if Helms did step in as they very rarely do Merseyside work. Plus at the moment I do know that they do not have the vehicles so sourcing them would possibly take a while. From what I have seen the fleet that Avon have left behind are not worth much except maybe being made into razor blades. So that just leaves A2B who at the moment do Merseytravel stage carriage work and maybe at a push as you say Happy Al's and maybe Eazibus.
Apart from that there is scope for an operator from outside the area to set a small unit based at Avon's depot to run some of the services but I can;t see this happening because of the costs involved in either sourcing vehicles or bringing the ex=Avon fleet up to scratch
Unfortunately unless Merseytravel can get hold of a pot of gold I can;t see much of Avon's Wirral work being covered unfortunately that is the climate that local authorities are operating in at the moment I know this sounds defeatist and depressing but that is how I can see things panning out
The MCV Enviro200s are probably worth something along with the newest Darts
Newest darts are on 55 plates, so 13 years old, probably not worth much, the MCV's are 56-58 plates, probably had a hard sort of life and probably not worth much anyway.. Plus not the most popular of things.
(12/10/2018 21:58)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Newest darts are on 55 plates, so 13 years old, probably not worth much, the MCV's are 56-58 plates, probably had a hard sort of life and probably not worth much anyway.. Plus not the most popular of things.

The newest vehicles will probably get sold off really cheap but most probably will indeed be scrapped or used for spares but your right with the MCVs other than Halton I can’t think of anyone else in the North West that has any they are quite rare
(12/10/2018 22:04)darylyates17 Wrote:  The newest vehicles will probably get sold off really cheap but most probably will indeed be scrapped or used for spares but your right with the MCVs other than Halton I can’t think of anyone else in the North West that has any they are quite rare

No I can't think of many places I have seen MCV's and not just in the North West, there is a reason for that though, in my opinion they are a bit cheap and nasty. But there will be people that think differently on that.
(12/10/2018 22:10)MPTE1955 Wrote:  No I can't think of many places I have seen MCV's and not just in the North West, there is a reason for that though, in my opinion they are a bit cheap and nasty. But there will be people that think differently on that.

Earlier versions were fairly popular with Violia and metroline but have now found their way to scrap or amongst independents across the country.

The MCV Evolutions that Avon have are quite unusual as they have 4 of the rarer short wheelbase versions, where there was only a small number produced for regional operators, based on the chassis on the dual door Enviro 200. (From rough memory it’s around 4/7 produced).
Vehicles will be going on Auction
https://www.walkersingleton.co.uk/machin...hop-plant/
Does anyone know what the fate of the avon fleet is?
Where any have been sold of scrapped
(30/12/2018 20:17)Busguy12 Wrote:  Does anyone know what the fate of the avon fleet is?
Where any have been sold of scrapped

MP Travel bought 3 of there MCV evolutions.
Are there any updates of the ex Avon Fleet ?

Cool Life is for living !

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)