Current time: 25/04/2024, 02:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Avon Buses
RE: Avon Buses
(20/07/2017 11:25)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  Wonder what the route and timetable changes will be for the 16/17 (A) planned for September are ?

Hope it's to make them proper circular services, e.g. 16(A) running a clockwise loop through Moreton and 17(A) running the same but in reverse.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
With Avon gaining additional contracts across the Mersey, how will this company cope with the increased workload. In particular considering that they are already struggling to operate journeys on the network they currently operate
Not a good start for the day of the 30 contract - the service cancelled between 1001 and 1917 today.
(23/07/2017 11:53)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Not a good start for the day of the 30 contract - the service cancelled between 1001 and 1917 today.

First 37 separate journeys of the contract!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(23/07/2017 12:46)buses7675 Wrote:  First 37 separate journeys of the contract!

No doubt other small operators such as Cumfybus and HTL will be annoyed that they have lost out to Avon for this contract especially considering that Avon is unable to provide a service. Potential passengers waiting for a bus that will not arrive will probably be livid.
(23/07/2017 13:06)Barney Wrote:  No doubt other small operators such as Cumfybus and HTL will be annoyed that they have lost out to Avon for this contract especially considering that Avon is unable to provide a service. Potential passengers waiting for a bus that will not arrive will probably be livid.

Fully agree, If Avon cant operate this contract then it should be given to someone like Cumfybus who as of today have loads of spare Buses and i bet spare Drivers.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Is it worth me tweeting Merseytravel, and asking them for a response?
(23/07/2017 14:12)robertclark125 Wrote:  Is it worth me tweeting Merseytravel, and asking them for a response?

Please do, I'd be very interested to hear what they have to say
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I've sent the tweet. If I get any response, I'll let you know.
I feel sorry for the passengers that use this and any other service operated by Avon Personally I think it is getting to the stage now that Merseytravel should be held to book and also that the Traffic Commissioners are involved because it is beyond me why Merseytravel keep awarding contracts to them. Luckily I don't have to rely on public transport but if I did I am sure glad I don't have to rely on Avon to get me about

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)