Current time: 19/04/2024, 20:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Avon Buses
RE: Avon Buses
I did not I'd the vehicle but have a blurred photo if you want it.

Cool Life is for living !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
My above post does not make sense as a previous posting had been deleted by Admin for which I do understand. I am trying to re-write this post in a way that does not place a individual at risk. Not wanting to upset Avon or any in particular driver, but a vehicle on the road, and in service the night before was in a less than satisfactory state of repair, which is unusual for Avon. Me thinking that this was a forum felt that this was important to highlight and discuss. The vehilce had problems with its rear lighting to an extent that was unacceptable and shocking.

(15/08/2012 05:27)Its a hobby Wrote:  My above post does not make sense as a previous posting had been deleted by Admin for which I do understand. I am trying to re-write this post in a way that does not place a individual at risk. Not wanting to upset Avon or any in particular driver, but a vehicle on the road, and in service the night before was in a less than satisfactory state of repair, which is unusual for Avon. Me thinking that this was a forum felt that this was important to highlight and discuss. The vehilce had problems with its rear lighting to an extent that was unacceptable and shocking.

I think what it is mate is that we are not allowed to criticise a companys maintenance standards as it could potentially cause problems and complaints from that particular company. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.
With regards to the 84/85 at the Raby end of the route , those roadworks outside Bromborough Golf Course there is actually four way temporary traffic lights and they are a pain if you arrive at them and the lights have already changed in the sequence as the sequence can be up to 3 mins in length before they come into your favour .

Presently or until very recently there has been a hole right on the end of Blakeley Road / Raby Hall Road making it awkward to turn left there .
Service 84/5 no starting and terminating at bottom of brookhurst ave
(15/08/2012 08:57)N271CKB Wrote:  Service 84/5 no starting and terminating at bottom of brookhurst ave

That must be a big let down for passengers in Raby Mere to have there services taken off them through no fault of there own.
Quote:I think what it is mate is that we are not allowed to criticise a companys maintenance standards as it could potentially cause problems and complaints from that particular company. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

I understand this point entirely, I also believe that as a keen bus enthusiast that if a bus is on the road which is blatenly in such a bad state, whats the purpose of a forum! just to sing everyones praises.

I like Avon, I think they provide a good regular and relaible service, but if I spot something that is not acceptable or I feel needs discussing then I think this is the exact format. It was truely unforgivable. I have never seen a bus in such a bad state which could have been lethal. I'm sure if it was and a serious accident did occur we certainly would be discussing it! I think if a company accepts praise, then they should also accept responsibility for a seriuos failure.

Thats my opinon.

Criticism is fine, obviously we don't expect everyone to just come online and sing company's praises all day long. However, when we border upon the grey area of bringing a company into serious disrepute, that's when things need looking at and stopping in their tracks.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(15/08/2012 21:42)Its a hobby Wrote:  
Quote:I think what it is mate is that we are not allowed to criticise a companys maintenance standards as it could potentially cause problems and complaints from that particular company. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

I understand this point entirely, I also believe that as a keen bus enthusiast that if a bus is on the road which is blatenly in such a bad state, whats the purpose of a forum! just to sing everyones praises.

I like Avon, I think they provide a good regular and relaible service, but if I spot something that is not acceptable or I feel needs discussing then I think this is the exact format. It was truely unforgivable. I have never seen a bus in such a bad state which could have been lethal. I'm sure if it was and a serious accident did occur we certainly would be discussing it! I think if a company accepts praise, then they should also accept responsibility for a seriuos failure.

Thats my opinon.

I entirely agree with you and I had this argument the other week on here, but unfortunately fourm rules do not allow us to go too far.
You did exactly right to tell the driver, that's the important bit. If a driver doesn't know there is a problem he's just going to carry on. There is nothing worse than someone who sees a potential disaster and tells everyone on a forum but doesn't do anything about it at the time to raise the alarm.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)