Current time: 28/03/2024, 09:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Avon Buses
RE: Avon Buses
It was 841, (T841CCK), this was on the 22/24 all day.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/07/2012 21:39)N271CKB Wrote:  It was 841, (T841CCK), this was on the 22/24 all day.

unusual
Have Avon swapped vehicle allocation for their 122 Fazakerley Hospital-Crosby service, only when I was down in Liverpool earlier this week I noticed that both vehicles were MCV Evoloution Dart SLFs whereas usually they use their Plaxton SLF Darts on the route
You do get MCV's on there regularly so really this is a common thing.
(13/07/2012 08:22)M60lad Wrote:  Have Avon swapped vehicle allocation for their 122 Fazakerley Hospital-Crosby service
Yep! MCV Evolutions are the regulars now and have been for a few months, however a SN55-DV- Dart usually appears once a week. It's nice that Avon "upgrade" this service every now and again, however the reliability and punctuality of it is awful! At one point, both buses were running 30 minutes late... They could do with adding an extra bus in and making the journey time 40 minutes.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
An extra bus though might make the service unprofitable its a fine line .
(13/07/2012 12:32)wirralbus Wrote:  An extra bus though might make the service unprofitable its a fine line .
Yeah! Good point. It's one of the busiest and most essential services around here, so it's a shame that it's not the best, reliability-wise.

It's crosses over some very busy junctions and congested roads which really make the service struggle during the peaks. There is extra time in the peak trips as well, just shows how bad the traffic is to take so long to do just a few miles
(13/07/2012 16:03)N271CKB Wrote:  It's crosses over some very busy junctions and congested roads which really make the service struggle during the peaks. There is extra time in the peak trips as well, just shows how bad the traffic is to take so long to do just a few miles
Yeah! There's Moor Lane in Crosby, then there's the Dunnings Bridge Road/Park Lane junction in Netherton and then Walton - just one big delay! It normally runs to timetable during the evening, so those amendments have helped - they'd help during the day, too, however those huge gaps in the timetable wouldn't look very attractive to passengers...

The 84 and 85 have been altered and tinkered with so many times , lets see if this incarnation of the route works out any better .

I think that if they let the route settle before tinkering any more that this particular route Heswall - Raby - Clatterbridge - Bromborough Retail Park - Mill Park - Raby Mere might just do the trick , it seems to cover all the bases , covering the Hospital and Shopping , hats off for Avon on this route for some innovation.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)