Current time: 18/04/2024, 04:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Avon Buses
RE: Avon Buses
Huge estates like Beechwood and Noctorum left with nothing eves / sun.
The former having only fairly recently lost 118/9 which the revised 492/5 partly replaced
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I wonder what companies want vehicles to make for routes to be viable. Some of those evening routes take a good 3k pax per month which is really good I think for a few evening trips.
This was always going to be the problem with Avon's demise. They took on subsidised routes as commercial, thus saving Merseytravel quite a bit of cash. Now they've gone pop, there's a fair few areas either left without a bus at certain times or completely lost all public transport links.
Thanks government !!
Same old story all the time these days !! None of this rubbish back in the likes of the 80's , any one want to speculate why it wasnt like this back in them years = answer government cuts ...people still need public transport in All areas really ...all down to pounds shillings and pence tho
(10/10/2018 17:36)T42 PVM Wrote:  I knew this would happen as Merseytravel just don't have the money to replace these services

But I heard some woman on the radio last week declare that austerity is over.
(10/10/2018 18:53)mrailman200 Wrote:  Same old story all the time these days !! None of this rubbish back in the likes of the 80's , any one want to speculate why it wasn't like this back in them years = answer government cuts ...people still need public transport in All areas really ...all down to pounds shillings and pence tho

The UK started using decimal currency in February 1971. Apart from that, I agree with the rest of your post.
(10/10/2018 18:53)mrailman200 Wrote:  Same old story all the time these days !! None of this rubbish back in the likes of the 80's , any one want to speculate why it wasnt like this back in them years = answer government cuts ...people still need public transport in All areas really ...all down to pounds shillings and pence tho

From a straight political point of view I would agree - and not just in terms of transport, given I have just been seen by a GP 73 minutes later than my appointment time. "Only" 40 minutes late last time I went.

However, a ironic given your user name...........
(10/10/2018 17:40)N271CKB Wrote:  Huge estates like Beechwood and Noctorum left with nothing eves / sun.
The former having only fairly recently lost 118/9 which the revised 492/5 partly replaced

It’s mad to think that just over a year ago the Beechwood had 6 buses per hour evenings and Sundays, and now left with absolutely nothing. I’m shocked that arriva haven’t introduced an evening 492/495 considering it’s their own service...

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(10/10/2018 20:48)busdude Wrote:  It’s mad to think that just over a year ago the Beechwood had 6 buses per hour evenings and Sundays, and now left with absolutely nothing. I’m shocked that arriva haven’t introduced an evening 492/495 considering it’s their own service...

Why would Arriva reintroduce a service commercially, when it was cut due to being unaffordable and was then supported by Merseytravel who are no longer doing so?

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)