Current time: 18/04/2024, 17:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

More Green Bus Fund Money for Manchester & Liverpool
More Green Bus Fund Money for Manchester & Liverpool
There is some new money for retrofitting existing vehicles in Merseyside and Greater Manchester to Euro 6 standards, that has been awarded today from Central Government money

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/gover...ir-quality

- Manchester £2,994,000 for 176 vehicles
- Liverpool £2,520,643 for 129 vehicles

other authorities receiving money include, Newcastle, London, Leicester, Bristol, South Tyneside, West Yorkshire, Oxfordshire etc.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: More Green Bus Fund Money for Manchester & Liverpool
(21/03/2019 20:52)gilesbus1 Wrote:  There is some new money for retrofitting existing vehicles in Merseyside and Greater Manchester to Euro 6 standards, that has been awarded today from Central Government money

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/gover...ir-quality

- Manchester £2,994,000 for 176 vehicles
- Liverpool £2,520,643 for 129 vehicles

other authorities receiving money include, Newcastle, London, Leicester, Bristol, South Tyneside, West Yorkshire, Oxfordshire etc.
That just leaves £26 million for GM's adult fare paying, taxpayer s to stump up.
It'll be interesting to see how this works, which vehicles get done and for which companies/depots.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Excellent news following the recent hydrogen bus announcement
(22/03/2019 13:52)buses7675 Wrote:  It'll be interesting to see how this works, which vehicles get done and for which companies/depots.

Note that Liverpool is referred to and not Merseyside, my guess would be buses that spend at least some of there time if not all of it in the City of Liverpool, and ones that are convertible to Euro 6, but that are built prior to 2013 as that seems to be where Government is likely to get councils to pass legislation to forbid operation of vehicles not meeting Euro 5 standards, as in Greater Manchester, so therefore would likely be Wright Pulsars at Arriva and ADL Enviro400/Scania N230UD deckers acquired secondhand at Stagecoach Merseyside.
(22/03/2019 18:57)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Note that Liverpool is referred to and not Merseyside, my guess would be buses that spend at least some of there time if not all of it in the City of Liverpool, and ones that are convertible to Euro 6, but that are built prior to 2013 as that seems to be where Government is likely to get councils to pass legislation to forbid operation of vehicles not meeting Euro 5 standards, as in Greater Manchester, so therefore would likely be Wright Pulsars at Arriva and ADL Enviro400/Scania N230UD deckers acquired secondhand at Stagecoach Merseyside.
Just to clarify, the Gtr Manchester ban will cover the entire county as. TFGM s original plan was simply to. ban anything worse than Euro4 and would only cover the Leigh Guided Busway and and the A57 through Salford across the city and Oxford Road corridor as well as the rest of the city centre and Rochdale Road as far as Middleton. ie. easily managed by operators at no cost other than better vehicle allocation
(22/03/2019 18:57)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Note that Liverpool is referred to and not Merseyside, my guess would be buses that spend at least some of there time if not all of it in the City of Liverpool, and ones that are convertible to Euro 6, but that are built prior to 2013 as that seems to be where Government is likely to get councils to pass legislation to forbid operation of vehicles not meeting Euro 5 standards, as in Greater Manchester, so therefore would likely be Wright Pulsars at Arriva and ADL Enviro400/Scania N230UD deckers acquired secondhand at Stagecoach Merseyside.

That may well be the case but I suspect it's the Liverpool City Region that will receive the grant as there are ten boroughs in Manchester, including Salford and Tameside, that are very close to Manchester city centre. I could be wrong.

Either way, bus exhaust emissions are only a small part of the problem. The emissions from diesel engines in hackney cabs also needs to be tackled.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)