Current time: 20/04/2024, 06:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sefton Bus Network Review 2019
RE: Sefton Bus Network Review 2019
(08/06/2019 10:20)MTL0201 Wrote:  The last southbound service does feel pretty early the 20.45 from Crossens, although it does form the last northbound 22.10 from Liverpool, then it's the old adage though will putting on an extra couple of late evening services, even if they're terminating short at Crosby then run dead back to depot be profitable?

My old timetables autumn 1977, show the last southbound service was 22.55 from Southport to Liverpool

For fear of going off topic, I don't understand why long trunk services such as the 47 (and Chester and St Helens routes) are not shared by two depots which was the practice in the past. Presumably, there is a very obvious reason that I can't see.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/06/2019 14:01)Barney Wrote:  For fear of going off topic, I don't understand why long trunk services such as the 47 (and Chester and St Helens routes) are not shared by two depots which was the practice in the past. Presumably, there is a very obvious reason that I can't see.

Each depot is run as a business , one end of the journey maybe busier than the other .

Didnt we see a really early last bus on the Southport - Liverpool Airport service , just so it could perform a reasonable last bus from Liverpool Airport and Liverpool City Centre without incurring long distance empty workings.
The 144 which is far too lightly timed of an evening is being curtailed to the Pendle Estate? Strange move, I would hope all the layover is at Bootle.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Actually due to roadworks on Lady Green Lane, the southbound 47 is currently on a diversion avoiding Ince Blundell for the next couple of weeks[northbound is unaffected], passengers advised to hike[i think is the right word]to the stop by the entrance road to, Ince Blundell Hall, another suggestion from Merseytravel site, is board the northbound 47, on the opposite side of the road, alight near Altcar Lane.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(09/06/2019 20:27)MTL0201 Wrote:  Actually due to roadworks on Lady Green Lane, the southbound 47 is currently on a diversion avoiding Ince Blundell for the next couple of weeks[northbound is unaffected], passengers advised to hike[i think is the right word]to the stop by the entrance road to, Ince Blundell Hall, another suggestion from Merseytravel site, is board the northbound 47, on the opposite side of the road, alight near Altcar Lane.

Why not divert the 206 between Crosby and Hightown to loop into Ince Blundell via Orrell Hill Lane.
Extra journey time needed could be created by cutting out some circuitous parts of the route in Crosby or Blundellsands.
(10/06/2019 18:32)L544 Wrote:  Why not divert the 206 between Crosby and Hightown to loop into Ince Blundell via Orrell Hill Lane.
Extra journey time needed could be created by cutting out some circuitous parts of the route in Crosby or Blundellsands.

If the proposal to omit Ince Blundell from the 47 route does happen a better solution would be to divert the 133 to compensate though the 133 timing is already very tight.
(11/06/2019 08:04)Barney Wrote:  If the proposal to omit Ince Blundell from the 47 route does happen a better solution would be to divert the 133 to compensate though the 133 timing is already very tight.

The 133 would be the best option to serve Ince village and could be ran Crosby to Kirkby Admin only which would allow for this. Crosby to Waterloo already has a large number of connecting services between the two villages
(11/06/2019 16:04)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  The 133 would be the best option to serve Ince village and could be ran Crosby to Kirkby Admin only which would allow for this. Crosby to Waterloo already has a large number of connecting services between the two villages

That makes a lot of sense though the status quo would be the best outcome.
The results of the latest review are now available and the most significant detail is that that the 47 will continue to serve Ince Blundell. Shaving two minutes off a route that gets 88 minutes running time clearly wasn't a deal breaker though the situation will be reviewed again in 2020.

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us...-2019.aspx

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)