Current time: 18/04/2024, 14:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel: Bus service Consultations
RE: Merseytravel: Bus service Consultations
It is probably worth noting that A LOT of Merseytravel tickets are used to cross the border which will highly affect revenue.

People I have spoken to have all said it is a standing load to Birkenhead and then it dwindles down gradually with normally no one on past Ellesmere Port. They said in all the times they have used the services (which is each week), they have only known one person go past Sutton Way Roundabout and that was someone who fell asleep and wanted Bromborough haha.

I think the best action would be to cut it back to 1 bus. I think many of us will agree Chester doesn't need and isn't busy enough for a night bus. Ellesmere Port doesn't need one. The route which I suggested to them via the consultation was to divert it via the 41 route between Birkenhead and Rock Ferry garage as the catchment area is vastly increased then. I am unsure how many people get off normally along the section which this would leave unserved however if they daytime is anything to go by, the answer will be none. Divert it slightly and cut it back. If you can do 40 min end to end then you can still have the same departure times from Liverpool but the physical N1 route costs a lot less to run with it only being 1 bus.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merseytravel: Bus service Consultations - iMarkeh - 21/02/2019 13:09

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)