Current time: 28/03/2024, 08:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel: Bus service Consultations
RE: Merseytravel: Bus service Consultations
(18/02/2019 18:38)Walton 46 Wrote:  Pardon my ignorance, but can someone explain what PVR means? I'm quite new to the world of buses

PVR is Peak Vehicle Requirement. ie the number of buses needed to run a route or group of routes at the busiest time of day or week.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/02/2019 18:32)mrd97 Wrote:  Forgive me for sounding naive but as Merseytravel only replaced a small amount of Avon’s services, did they not save money by not replacing the rest? Most of not all of Avon’s services were partially subsidised to my knowledge. Services which were not replaced at all include 10/10A, 107/207/208 124/124/492/495 and 145. Some others were only replaced by funding small diversions on already commercial services.

They’ve also replaced the 84/5 (PVR 2), 77/88 (PVR 2), 80/82/83A (PVR 4) with 73 (PVR 1), 80/82 (PVR 1) and the 16/17 extension (extra 2 buses). And a small diversion on the 22, 38 and 418, which altogether roughly is half the number of buses required than previously. So they’ve surely saved a sgnificant amount of money here, unless I am missing something obvious. What little money they have they don’t half waste it

The cost of the replacement routes was sigificantly higher than paid for the Avon routes as they were mostly only de minimus. To replace every single previous service ike for like woould have cost extra £1million
Fair enough, I stand corrected. I had a feeling I had overlooked something.

I think what they should look at doing it they can squeeze funding for one more bus is have the 73 go to Poulton Lancelyn as normal route then via Clatterbridge and Thornton Hough to Heswall and have a 73A in the other direction, Clatterbridge should definitely have a connection to Heswall, and this would require just one more bus. Or have it run every 2 hours in either direction. Perhaps cut the evening 1A/1C which carry fresh air...
(18/02/2019 19:39)Brickmill Wrote:  PVR is Peak Vehicle Requirement. ie the number of buses needed to run a route or group of routes at the busiest time of day or week.

Thank you
I just want to make the point that the 84/85 have the same Pvt as the 16/17 extension. The difference being they can link onto a morning school and it only serves areas at times when the service is used. IE Raby Mere doesn't need a service at 6am
(18/02/2019 18:14)mrd97 Wrote:  I reckon these consultations are just there to look like they’re going to listen to feedback, when in reality the decision has already been made

Hit the nail on the head.. Same as the Wirral bus review in 2017. They wanted to hear everybodys views on their proposals, except none of it changed afterward except rather than introduce new routes they just extended others such as the 38. The only route which survived which wasnt going to was the 423, and that would have been outragious if it was withdrawn as it is very well used.
The 423 to be honest doesnt need to go through the Sandbrook Estate , that is already covered by the 38A , or let the 38A go round the Town Meadow Lane estate and let the 423 just do the Sandbrook Estate .
Merseytravel have just replied to one of my emails stating the Sefton review is due to start in the near future. Just a little FYI to keep everyone upto date.
And now there on about getting rid of the night 1 service fri and sat nights( stagecoach / merseytravel ) ...been on this a few times and it was nearly full on those occasions. Absolutely outrageous..it was nice knowing you had a night link during those nights should you needed it
There again i am just not surprised anymore by what any of them do...just leaves us with no links

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)