Current time: 23/04/2024, 19:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel: Bus service Consultations
RE: Merseytravel: Bus service Consultations
Of course Merseytravel will say it has nothing to do with them and leave Wirral and Liverpool isolated between Midnight and 7am. Whilst this is a commercial decision, they should be running a night service, even just a tunnel shuttle bus between Sir Thomas Street and Birkenhead Bus Station. Taxis are very expensive, and they used to run the 150 for a while, even when there was a network of Arriva night buses (which arguably wouldn’t of warranted running a subsidised night bus, however now it’s vital). Like the case with an evening and Sunday service for Beechwood and Noctorum, they won’t even consider looking into proposals. Those estates will never see an evening or Sunday service again. Which is despicable. They’re very Liverpool Centric and thus in my opinion, the other boroughs of Merseyside are cast asunder. The night bus (1) has always been busy from Liverpool, I reckon Stagecoach could run at a profit having a couple of journeys from Liverpool to Ellesmere Port (in that direction only). Knew this wouldn’t last. Is there any point in the ‘proposal’? It’s not like they’re going to make a difference anyway. The 408/09 consultations would have have had many responses saying they need the service, and they withdrew it anyway. I reckon these consultations are just there to look like they’re going to listen to feedback, when in reality the decision has already been made
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merseytravel: Bus service Consultations - mrd97 - 18/02/2019 18:14

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)