Current time: 20/04/2024, 06:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel: Bus service Consultations
RE: Merseytravel: Bus service Consultations
(16/02/2019 08:41)mrd97 Wrote:  Couldn’t agree more. I do think the Moreton Circulars are very confusing routes. I suggested running a 901 from Curlew Way, down to Edgehill Road, Bermuda Road, Saugall Road, Saugall Massie Village, Borrowdale Road, Moreton Cross, and then do a Circular to and from Ross Avenue (serving Moreton Shore in one direction and Leasowe Station in another). Much simpler route and would still have a PVR of 1, and all current roads would still be served on the 1/1A/1B/1C. They’re not particularly well used routes, and certainly don’t warrant a late evening service. Perhaps running it every day until about 7/8 pm? I also don’t understand why if Saugall Massie gets an evening and Sunday service on 1B, why they need to have the 38A go down here. The timetable for the 38/38A in the evenings in particular is an absolute mess. The 118/119 were fairly well used for supported services, and I was outraged when they were withdrawn. It was routes like this that should of been protected, rather than running dead air round little roads in Moreton at 11 at night. I’ve been on the 119 on a Sunday daytime and it was nearly a full load, which is exceptional for a subsidised service. I am aware there is increasingly limited funding, but Mersyetravel don’t half waste what they have, and don’t really any idea how to create a reliable, accessible bus network that they claim to want to provide.

I used to catch the old 901 regully, was handy as that connected with trains at Leasowe, main reason the 901 existed, the current 1 group replacement routes have lost that connection, also there's no buses down Borrowdale Road & Overchurch Road other than the 1B, i have a couple of friends that live halfway down & can be a bit of a hike to either Overchurch Road terminus or Hoylake Road the 1B can be handy, the Moreton Shore route is a replacement for the 106 but hardly adequate there is a block of flats & houses were the old Hospital used to be but most that live around there own cars.

Big loss for me are the early morning routes 107/108/208, i used to use these a lot connecting with the train at Hamilton Square, quite disgusting Merseytravel just withdrawn the routes fob of with the usual other routes excuse, however the other routes don't start until 7-7.30am these operated before then, a few passengers used these routes as well, although there's an extra early 38, it's still later than what the first 208 was.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merseytravel: Bus service Consultations - MTL0201 - 16/02/2019 11:37

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)