Current time: 24/04/2024, 06:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel: Bus service Consultations
RE: Merseytravel: Bus service Consultations
Whilst not on topic of the current consultations, the 1,1A,1B,1C circular routes in Moreton on the Wirral have kicked up a huge fuss since they replaced the 901 route in the Wirral bus review. They have popped up in local papers a few times now , im not sure if they have changed since first implemented, but they cover more areas than the 901 used to, and i suppose is fair enough in the day as handy for the old dears as it serves the little roads in the estates that the big buses dont.

However it runs until near midnight, or rather some of them do. I can't comment from the day time as im never up that way, but whenever you see it at night 9/10 times it has no passengers on it, occasionally just 1. The majority of the route is within walking distance ofthe 38A/423 at night with exception of Moreton shore. Seems a lot of money for such a 'necessary' route that carrys mostly fresh air especially when money is so tight with funding. What is even more frustrating is that at night it was just as busy when it was the 901 - mostly fresh air, so no idea what they were thinking! There won't be any more complaints about this route now, as the residents have their beloved bus coverage but Merseytravel dont seem to care how many people actually use it. It must cost them hundreds to run the bus each night, and for the sake of a couple of passengers , a lot of which just get it because its the first bus that comes when they could get a 423, seems a waste of public money when it could be contributing to a route such as the much missed hospital route 118/119 - which oddly still runs on christmas day. When i contacted merseytravel as to why the 118 was still running on christmas day despite being axed 364 days a year, the response was (no joke) it's a vital link and people need to visit the hospital. Clearly only on christmas day though? Anyway rant over and back to topic!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merseytravel: Bus service Consultations - L401CJF - 16/02/2019 08:03

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)