Current time: 16/04/2024, 21:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Tracking Website
RE: Bus Tracking website
No D&G showing anywhere though and they use Ticketers. High Peak are on though

(13/02/2019 03:15)iMarkeh Wrote:  From what I have seen, any bus with Ticketer tracking, is on this site. There are others which are on the system but I have found the main link between the buses appearing on here is Ticketer machines.

Works for me
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/02/2019 10:00)Rick Hunter Wrote:  No D&G showing anywhere though and they use Ticketers. High Peak are on though
When I was checking, it was later on. High Peak, First, Cumfybus, Rosso, Diamond West Mids, Reading Buses, GoAhead, Courtney buses, Uno all have ticketer and are on this system.

I wonder if Ticketer have an option within the operator options so the operator can activate public live tracking and then Bustimes.org uses the data from that.

The few Stagecoach and Arriva buses I can't explain. They must have individually shared their live tracking data thing (there is a special name for I but I can't remember it off the top of my head)
Depends how far the bus is from a timing point and how far apart they are. I quite often end up waiting 5 mins in Wilmslow so if I was clocked on this say 2 stops before Bank Square I would show 5 early.

(12/02/2019 21:46)Barney Wrote:  I've just logged on to this link. Most of the services running in the south-east of England are running between 4 and 12 minutes early. How is this allowed to happen? No wonder First are losing money.

Works for me
(13/02/2019 09:59)Barney Wrote:  Sorry, but there is no excuse for early running at any time of day. If an hourly service runs early it may as well not exist. The solution is simple: pull in at a timing point (which is usually a bus stop) until you are due to leave.

Yep I don;t disagree. I guess its also possible that there Ticketer machines are not set to the right time as well.
If there are several timing points, the driver can only see these, not the stops in-between. They have no way of knowing if they are running early past the stops in-between the timing points.
Diamond buses have now appeared on here
(12/02/2019 21:16)Barney Wrote:  Another interesting IT development. TfL has had this for decades and it's about time that this facility has been made available outside of the capital. I may be wrong but I think the former chancellor, George Osborne, was instrumental in this development. Within Merseyside, at least, Google provides real-time information for all operators but not fleet or reg numbers unlike iBus in London.

In Merseyside you have the Arriva live map, although it's not perfect, doesn't show the fleet number. Stagecoach on the other hand are irritating, no live map, & there app is awful in every way, you need to give permission for them to access your phone first, highly intrusive.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Excuse the awful pun, but as I haven't been tracking how this site is developing I would be interested to learn if any other operators have gone live on this site since its inception. As far as I can tell, Cumfybus is still the only operator on Merseyside to use it.

The app - ZipTrip - would be ideal if all operators used it as it would dispense with the need for multiple apps but, so far, only Cumfybus is showing real-time.
(04/03/2019 10:45)Barney Wrote:  Excuse the awful pun, but as I haven't been tracking how this site is developing I would be interested to learn if any other operators have gone live on this site since its inception. As far as I can tell, Cumfybus is still the only operator on Merseyside to use it.

The app - ZipTrip - would be ideal if all operators used it as it would dispense with the need for multiple apps but, so far, only Cumfybus is showing real-time.

New operators have been getting added regularly, latest ones in the last couple of days are bit's of Trent Barton & Nottingham City Transport...…

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Blackpool Transport seems to have gone live today at precisely 15.57.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)