Current time: 25/04/2024, 04:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Tracking Website
RE: Bus Tracking Website
I think they use different machines on their GM Work but would be nice to see the rest of their routes track

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I see there has been an update and all Buses show as a Grey Dot, I dont like it at all

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(16/02/2021 09:30)T42 PVM Wrote:  I see there has been an update and all Buses show as a Grey Dot, I dont like it at all
It seems to be something about how many buses are in view. IF too many buses are in view, you need to zoom in until the number of buses in view reaches below a certain level.

It's an interesting update and certainly better than how it has been in the past where to see buses properly, you had to be quite zoomed in. At least now it's a bit more dynamic. Merseyside I notice does need zooming in more than some other areas but I put that down to the large amount of buses tracking. The main problem area that I can see is the city centre. If you take out Liverpool City Centre, it works more zoomed out.
Find all posts by this user
I think it's probably be done for performance reasons. It's now easier to move the map around now when zoomed out as dots rather than loading all the different operator rectangles, which was a little more slower navigating. Also saves a little bit on data/bandwidth.

As mentioned, if you zoom in closer to the area you're looking in, then the different operator colours will show.
National Express West Midlands on in full from today, probably the last remaining major fleet that was to appear.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
I note that HTL are now showing in green livery on the map as opposed to trade white.
There seem to be a lot of Warrington's Own Buses not tracking, not just the older and recently cascaded buses but a number of their newish Enviro 200 MMCs.
A recent Bustimes update has kind of caused issues with switching operators.

I noticed earlier today that 2538 and 2540 (reserves at Bootle from Runcorn) had been moved to the Arriva North West fleet list (still retaining Bootle as the depot) as trusted editors can only change depots, normal editors can only keep it as the set depot or change the depot to blank, but it appears that nobody (even trusted editors!) can change the operator.

Moving away from that, the other update appears to no longer class buses on the regionwide/seperate route map as being a double decker, containing USB charging, etc.
2552 has done the same, back at ANW on the tracker, just no depot allocated.
(06/03/2021 22:01)NathanR Wrote:  A recent Bustimes update has kind of caused issues with switching operators.

I noticed earlier today that 2538 and 2540 (reserves at Bootle from Runcorn) had been moved to the Arriva North West fleet list (still retaining Bootle as the depot) as trusted editors can only change depots, normal editors can only keep it as the set depot or change the depot to blank, but it appears that nobody (even trusted editors!) can change the operator.

Moving away from that, the other update appears to no longer class buses on the regionwide/seperate route map as being a double decker, containing USB charging, etc.

I have just been checking the Arriva NW&W allocation for this month and it is now showing buses that were shown as pool they now show on the allocation of the depot they are basted this also included the Arriva Click buses been used for staff transport
It also shows buses away from there home depot were they are like the body/paint shops. It also shows at the paint shop 5 buses from Arriva Yorkshire/Yorkshire Tiger

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)