Current time: 28/03/2024, 10:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail Rail Replacement Buses
Merseyrail Rail Replacement Buses
Yet another round of rail replacement services is about to happen in order that the track can accommodate the new rolling stock due for delivery in 2020. On the Merseytravel website it states that "high-quality" buses will be used during the course of the work. I assume Arriva will be using its hybrids again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Merseyrail Rail Replacement Buses
(12/10/2018 15:53)Barney Wrote:  I assume Arriva will be using its hybrids again.

Yes they are
Going to be more older buses hanging around than we have been used to to cover the buses doing this work. But then the reserve buses are better than what we would have had a couple of years ago. For example the cadets are miles better than say the darts would have been for example.
Quite a few different types of buses have been out and about since the Ormskirk line rail replacements started on Saturday. a mix of Enviro 400s Gemini 2 and Gemini 3 hybrids. This morning I rode Enviro 400 MX09LXE from Maghull to Ormskirk. And at Ormskirk an Ensignbus liveried ALX400 of Aintree coachline was waiting to depart for Sandhills.
(22/10/2018 12:19)MX12CFE Wrote:  Quite a few different types of buses have been out and about since the Ormskirk line rail replacements started on Saturday. a mix of Enviro 400s Gemini 2 and Gemini 3 hybrids. This morning I rode Enviro 400 MX09LXE from Maghull to Ormskirk. And at Ormskirk an Ensignbus liveried ALX400 of Aintree coachline was waiting to depart for Sandhills.

When I was out this morning sampling the delights of the rail replacements, there seemed to be buses from Arriva's depots at Bootle, Southport, Green Lane and Birkenhead. Some are being kept as spares in case of any breakdowns. I saw two Aintree Coachlines Ensignbus-liveried ALX400s. One of them had Helms address on the legal lettering. There was also an ALX400 of MP Travel running on the service. The Arriva bloke at Maghull Station told me some journeys are not calling at all stations. The stopping service to Sandhills does not stop outside Orrell Park station; intending passengers have to go to the bus stops on Walton Vale, just round the corner from the station.
To be fair they can't exactly stop outside orrell Park Station so the stop at Walton Vale is sensible.
[quote='MPTE1955' pid='122749' dateline='1540237621']
To be fair they can't exactly stop outside orrell Park Station so the stop at Walton Vale is sensible.

They could use the 61 bus stops on Moss Lane which are a lot nearer to the station than Walton Vale.
(22/10/2018 21:45)Olympian2100 Wrote:  [quote='MPTE1955' pid='122749' dateline='1540237621']

They could use the 61 bus stops on Moss Lane which are a lot nearer to the station than Walton Vale.

Not much in it to be fair, except of course for crossing a busy road.
(22/10/2018 18:11)Olympian2100 Wrote:  When I was out this morning sampling the delights of the rail replacements, there seemed to be buses from Arriva's depots at Bootle, Southport, Green Lane and Birkenhead. Some are being kept as spares in case of any breakdowns. I saw two Aintree Coachlines Ensignbus-liveried ALX400s. One of them had Helms address on the legal lettering. There was also an ALX400 of MP Travel running on the service. The Arriva bloke at Maghull Station told me some journeys are not calling at all stations. The stopping service to Sandhills does not stop outside Orrell Park station; intending passengers have to go to the bus stops on Walton Vale, just round the corner from the station.

MP Travel also had a Gemini out. Saw it at Maghull station yesterday evening.
(22/10/2018 18:11)Olympian2100 Wrote:  When I was out this morning sampling the delights of the rail replacements, there seemed to be buses from Arriva's depots at Bootle, Southport, Green Lane and Birkenhead. Some are being kept as spares in case of any breakdowns. I saw two Aintree Coachlines Ensignbus-liveried ALX400s. One of them had Helms address on the legal lettering. There was also an ALX400 of MP Travel running on the service. The Arriva bloke at Maghull Station told me some journeys are not calling at all stations. The stopping service to Sandhills does not stop outside Orrell Park station; intending passengers have to go to the bus stops on Walton Vale, just round the corner from the station.

Forgot to mention, Stagecoach are also providing buses. Saw two Enviro400s yesterday and today I have seen one plus two 68-reg MMCs. Sat on 11114 at Moorfields now.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)