Current time: 16/04/2024, 05:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
For me, whilst the QBP on the Liverpool-Chester corridor is/was welcome for flexibility, Stagecoach have made so many changes over the last few years as to render the flexibility part pretty well neutral.

Stagecoach have to be credited with turning around what was a service on it's last legs under First management. Building on that, we have seen the introduction of smart-cards, the X8 and Gold spec buses.

When the QBP first came in, I tended to buy Arriva tickets as they gave me more flexibility. Nowadays, I normally buy Stagecoach tickets as their service has improved (and it's cheaper for what I need these days).
I expect I'm not the only one following this trend, hence the reason for Arriva seemingly wanting out of the QBP. It was never stacked in Arriva's favour in any case, only having alternate services on two routes and no direct access to the likes of Cheshire Oaks & Chester Zoo.

For me, I would like to see a bit of real competition on the Chester-Liverpool corridor which should help to keep fares competitive. I suspect that if Stagecoach were left to have 100% market share of the bus routes between Chester & Liverpool, fares would increase fairly quickly.

No doubt we'll find out what the companies have in mind in due course.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
If the rumours are true regarding arriva pulling the 2 is it a possibility Chester could take up arrivas share and split it with Rockferry as what previously happened?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(18/05/2016 12:24)chester285 Wrote:  If the rumours are true regarding arriva pulling the 2 is it a possibility Chester could take up arrivas share and split it with Rockferry as what previously happened?

i`d sooner see Arriva come off the 2 and leave it to Stagecoach and then introduce a faster more direct Chester service of their own, all the other options from Liverpool To Chester right now are too slow for people doing the full journey, at times it feels like you need a picnic and a hip flask on the 1
I dont think there is much scope for anything other than what is on the Chester corridors now , namely the 1 , 2 , X2 and X8
(18/05/2016 12:36)FC Pictures Wrote:  i`d sooner see Arriva come off the 2 and leave it to Stagecoach and then introduce a faster more direct Chester service of their own, all the other options from Liverpool To Chester right now are too slow for people doing the full journey, at times it feels like you need a picnic and a hip flask on the 1

I have used the X8 end to end but that was to try out the service. If I needed to do this journey on a regular basis I would go by train.
(18/05/2016 17:25)Barney Wrote:  I have used the X8 end to end but that was to try out the service. If I needed to do this journey on a regular basis I would go by train.

I think the route between Chester and Liverpool of the old X8 probably was the better one for getting passengers between Chester and Liverpool quickly , the present X8 now tries to be too many things in too many markets .
Just noticed on the X8 Timetable that the Service wont be going to Chester Bus Station, it will be starting at Foregate Street, When i have used the X8 most Passengers have boarded at the Bus Station so to take it away from there seems a stupid move.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(18/05/2016 21:57)wirralbus Wrote:  I think the route between Chester and Liverpool of the old X8 probably was the better one for getting passengers between Chester and Liverpool quickly , the present X8 now tries to be too many things in too many markets .

The only quick way to Liverpool from chester is via the A41 following the route of the old X11. That was a good route, direct and it always seemed busy. Shame it was cut down to one service a day, then axed all together.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(18/05/2016 17:25)Barney Wrote:  I have used the X8 end to end but that was to try out the service. If I needed to do this journey on a regular basis I would go by train.

Problem with the train is the location of Chester station is not ideal, as you then have to hike up to the City Centre which can take 15-20 minutes.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(19/05/2016 13:47)MTL0201 Wrote:  Problem with the train is the location of Chester station is not ideal, as you then have to hike up to the City Centre which can take 15-20 minutes.

That's true but the train takes half the time and if you have legs it's not really a problem. My definition of a hike is a walk of ten or more miles over rough terrain but I'm old school.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)