Current time: 28/03/2024, 09:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
The first tweet you posted was in reply to a question about when Darts were leaving Chester, the reply being "when Gold Solos enter service".

It is known already that the ex-Midlands ones are for Dart replacement in Chester (actually more of a swap as the darts are believed to be earmarked for other Midlands depots). Ergo, the vehicles referred to are still the Midlands lot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The first tweet you posted was in reply to a question about when Darts were leaving Chester, the reply being "when Gold Solos enter service".

It is known already that the ex-Midlands ones are for Dart replacement in Chester (actually more of a swap as the darts are believed to be earmarked for other Midlands depots). Ergo, the vehicles referred to are still the Midlands lot.
[/quote]

I'm aware that the first post was regarding the departure of the darts as I made the enquiry myself, and i'm also aware that the 5 ex Midlands Solos are to be repainted in to standard livery, but when you get a reply back saying that Stagecoach are getting Gold branded buses to me it implies that Chester are getting additional buses in Gold Spec as opposed to standard livery!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
You're missing the timescale here, and interpreting it in a hopelessly optimistic way.

On 3rd November, Merseyside were aware of what they were getting - ex-Midlands Gold branded buses. They haven't said anything about what they will do with them, just that they're getting them.

If Chester were getting "proper" Gold vehicles (and not those already discussed), then they would have to be brand new - there's only one batch of Gold Solos (well 2 actually but 1 lot have only just entered service so will be staying put) - and that's the batch from Midlands which are all accounted for.
For this hypothetical situation to occur, Stagecoach would have had to have extended the order with Optare beyond that agreed back in February (which has never happened since yearly group orders came in), and have scheduled the delivery for January (which has happened, but is highly unusual).

Further, I'm not aware myself, nor aware of anyone else who knows of any vehicles other than the ex-Midlands lot for Chester.
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/chester-wirral.aspx

stagecoach website is down for a update (refresh)
27270 on 41 today
Now that it is confirmed that the Gold Solos will enter service early next year, I know not to look out for one at Christmas if I come then. At least Stagecoach have given us notice not to anticipate them in service yet.
18151 was on the 471 yesterday whilst 28545 was on the 41.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(06/12/2015 06:49)childwallblues Wrote:  18151 was on the 471 yesterday whilst 28545 was on the 41.

There is always A Trident or 2 on 471/2

Tbh most Saturday's a Solar is on 41/42 28545 was on 41 and 28548 was on a 42 yesterday
(06/12/2015 07:37)E208 WBG Wrote:  There is always A Trident or 2 on 471/2

Tbh most Saturday's a Solar is on 41/42 28545 was on 41 and 28548 was on a 42 yesterday
Thank you for that information.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
One of the 53 reg solos (the one that has dot matrix displays) was on the 1A last night - first time I've seen one on there.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)