Current time: 18/04/2024, 23:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Having seen the new X8 timetable, I can possibly understand why the last turn off Chester has been withdrawn, but I can't see the logic of pulling the second northbound service? That it obviously runs empty to Liverpool to take up what was the return diagram makes it even more puzzling.

I use this service to get to work & if I were still working in Bootle, it would cause me major inconvenience. Thankfully, I am starting a new job in Liverpool so it's not as big a problem, but the change does restrict my options. Grr...!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Could it not be that Rock Ferry will do the first X8 from Liverpool to Chester and the Bus will then go onto the 1/2? as that would be less dead running and would make more sense

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
On another note i managed to get 24132 on the 1 today for anyone thats following it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(23/05/2015 23:51)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Could it not be that Rock Ferry will do the first X8 from Liverpool to Chester and the Bus will then go onto the 1/2? as that would be less dead running and would make more sense

Is this a case of getting rid of journeys where there is a drop in the profit margin , or is this still a case of experimenting with this service.
Ex-First / Stagecoach Olympian Royale 16238 S662NUG at PVS Barnsley for scrapped. Engine/ Gearbox unit and rear Axle is gone now.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/61188429@N06/17417989943/
Credit by Stan-Butler.
Engine and drivetrain were removed months ago by Morecambe before it went for scrap...
18151 and 28544 are on 38A, while 19070 is on the 41/2.

Only 3 tridents in the depot today along with 19060, so the remaining 3 trident and Enviro400s are all playing out.

Nice interesting allocations today while the 3 queens are playing!

I am no longer active on this forum.
This evening at Bromborough I followed towards Birkenhead two service 1's . One full and one half full , have Rock Ferry been providing duplicates for some journeys today on the service 1
Double decks on the 41/42 with decent loads - nice to see for a change
(25/05/2015 18:51)wirralbus Wrote:  This evening at Bromborough I followed towards Birkenhead two service 1's . One full and one half full , have Rock Ferry been providing duplicates for some journeys today on the service 1

They have, buses added in where required on all routes.

I am no longer active on this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)