Current time: 16/04/2024, 18:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Some very interesting info at the bottom of this page: http://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk...anges.aspx .

It seems that, as predicted by some on this forum, Stagecoach are to start some competing services on the Wirral, against GHA and Avon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thumbs Up RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(03/01/2014 17:22)trawscymru27 Wrote:  Some very interesting info at the bottom of this page: http://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk...anges.aspx .

It seems that, as predicted by some on this forum, Stagecoach are to start some competing services on the Wirral, against GHA and Avon.

Now that is very interesting!! It seems that SC are to begin reclaiming some of the routes that First just gave up on. This can only be a good move from the passenger perspective. I have a feeling that these registrations may be the tip of the iceberg.

Let battle commence!
(03/01/2014 18:04)CX55BUS Wrote:  
(03/01/2014 17:22)trawscymru27 Wrote:  Some very interesting info at the bottom of this page: http://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk...anges.aspx .

Now that is very interesting!! It seems that SC are to begin reclaiming some of the routes that First just gave up on. This can only be a good move from the passenger perspective. I have a feeling that these registrations may be the tip of the iceberg.

Let battle commence!
If as the number implies, they make the X22 limited stop and remove some of the detours particularly around Little Neston and Gayton, and it follows roughly the route of the old Crosville C22, it will be a vast improvement over the meandering 22. Particularly with First day tickets. I guess a 30 minute frequency would be too much to hope for!
(03/01/2014 20:42)SNL 824 Wrote:  
(03/01/2014 18:04)CX55BUS Wrote:  

Let battle commence!
If as the number implies, they make the X22 limited stop and remove some of the detours particularly around Little Neston and Gayton, and it follows roughly the route of the old Crosville C22, it will be a vast improvement over the meandering 22. Particularly with First day tickets. I guess a 30 minute frequency would be too much to hope for!

I think the frequency will be hourly and I agree that the X probably does denote a faster, more direct service.
X22 will only operate from Heswall -Parkgate - Neston - Heswall according to the Cheshire West Service Change page

This will cause a merry go round of routes as Chester looks to be fit to burst , so more of the QBP route 1 will get operated by Rock Ferry depot probably
(03/01/2014 21:52)wirralbus Wrote:  X22 will only operate from Heswall -Parkgate - Neston - Heswall according to the Cheshire West Service Change page

This will cause a merry go round of routes as Chester looks to be fit to burst , so more of the QBP route 1 will get operated by Rock Ferry depot probably

I'm told it's West Kirby to Chester Wink
(03/01/2014 22:16)CX55BUS Wrote:  I'm told it's West Kirby to Chester Wink

I like how you're stating that even though it does say Heswall to Chester on the Chester & Cheshire West site as wirralbus stated, plus it's hardly a battle. I'm not sure if you've actually ever used the 22 service, the vast majority are elderly passengers using their concessionary pass going for their groceries at Chester Market (sorry for a lame stereotype).

I hardly see how another service which appears to be duplicating the 22 is going to improve things? Time will only tell!

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
That's why I'd like to see a 30 min frequency limited stop service Heswall to Chester. It would get me to leave the car at home.

What happened to CX55? How do you become unregistered and disappear mid-conversation?
As much as i would like to see a half hourly service on this side of the Wirral peninsular , i do fear there will not be enough passengers for a service of that frequency .

I think if you try to speed the service up you will have to travel directly off the A540 at Neston and avoid all further detours like Willaston and Mollington.

If that is the case on that side of the Wirral for a limited stop service then isnt there a case for one down the other side of the Wirral.

Whilst where on about new services who will operate the new service 6 , Chester or Rock Ferry in Ellesmere Port
I can actually see X22 working especially if it creates a 30min service from Chester-Heswall as currently at the moment some (not to sure if its all) journeys are leaving Chester Exchange fully loaded so to create a combined 30min service could actually work

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)