Current time: 19/04/2024, 09:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
(13/06/2012 19:28)bolton bus basher Wrote:  scrapferry just made me laugh, keep them jokes coming, also any timetables for the QBP up yet?

Not very nice calling Rockferry 'Scrapferry' Big Grin
No timetables have been released yet. Shouldn't be long now though.
Also what branding will the QBP get.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/06/2012 19:28)bolton bus basher Wrote:  scrapferry just made me laugh, keep them jokes coming, also any timetables for the QBP up yet?

If you want jokes just stand in Birkenhead Bus Station and watch them come in on routes 38, 41 and 72. Someone at First is 'avin a laff' at the expense of the travelling public in Birkenhead.
Find all posts by this user
is 65704 still in advert livery
(13/06/2012 20:18)SNL 824 Wrote:  

If you want jokes just stand in Birkenhead Bus Station and watch them come in on routes 38, 41 and 72. Someone at First is 'avin a laff' at the expense of the travelling public in Birkenhead.

At one time the 41/2 had some very good vehicles but they never really improved them over the years and now it seems this route gets cast offs from other areas improvements.

The 38 has always been the what ever is left in the depot route , its sad to see Rock ferry like this it really is .
I agree with you there Wirralbus,

Rock Ferry was once a good depot.. especially once the SMART scheme kicked off. I remember them all when i was little, always used to get the 41/42 on the brand new buses to my aunties on a thursday, but anyway... Scanias (SSS) 874-881/810-812 and Darts (cant remember the fleet code of these, think they ended in *DC) 977-981 meant the 41/42 was always a good bus, i loved the smell of them too.. the darts where the only darts ive ever liked, not been on them since they left though but im told 977 at least, is still good. The 41/2 started to go down hill when First started allocating the SLFs onto the 71/72s, then possibly one of the worst moves they made was to transfer them to chester, simply because they L94UBs seated a couple more people and made the fleet look standard.

It was only once we started getting L94UBs from Manchester, Stoke etc, and citybus 223-233/236-237 that things really started to go down hill.. It is a shame to see what has happened, as it used to be a reasonable depot. Even branding up the buses made it look nice, especially for the 1 week after branding where they actually stuck to the branded route, rather than 60113 running the 1 rather than its branded route, as it did today for example.

To this day one of the SMART darts, cant remember which one off the top of my head, is still running around Stoke with the 'SMART High quality bus service' sticker under the drivers cab window (see my signature), and it even had the Merseytravel bus priority sticker on the windscreen until it got smashed a while ago.. the only trace that it was ever here really!

Anyway, on another note 34231 has finally removed itself from the middle of the yard, so its either working and returned back into the shed, or Barnsley have popped in and taken it.. Ill see if I can spot it in RF tomorrow!

(13/06/2012 20:20)mic Wrote:  is 65704 still in advert livery

Yes

I am no longer active on this forum.
There is one inside with no dests not sure which one
(13/06/2012 22:35)P450 SWX Wrote:  There is one inside with no dests not sure which one

If you mean one of the deckers, 230 is parked at the front of the shed with no dests and some tape on the windscreen, might be that one.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Yet prob 230
This may only be a rumor but I have spoken to a driver today and I have been told that the new buses for the QBP are going to be 11 reg when they have come over from Ireland. Apart from that what they will be is still unknown.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(14/06/2012 18:53)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  This may only be a rumor but I have spoken to a driver today and I have been told that the new buses for the QBP are going to be 11 reg when they have come over from Ireland. Apart from that what they will be is still unknown.

11 reg, thats hardly NEW... Typical First yet again second hand buses.

Cool Life is for living !

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)