Current time: 18/04/2024, 11:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(02/08/2019 12:52)mrd97 Wrote:  I don’t know if this is the right forum, but I emailed Merseytravel asking if they intended to replace the lost service in Prenton Dell evenings and Sundays, as I was under the impression these diversions were funded by Merseytravel. Apparently they aren’t, and they basically said evening and Sunday services are not a priority so will not offer any replacement service for this area. I also mentioned how their funded 91 service, the Monday-Friday Stagecoach operated 91 goes a completely different route than it does on a Saturday, so much as travelling in opposite directions along Woodchurch Road to get to Holmlands Drive, yet they said the Saturday route wasn’t changed as the 83A never ran on Saturdays anyway. But the 418 does, so I don’t see why they can’t have the Saturday service running the same as the weekday service.

Oh well thats Merseytravel for you , they dont have common sense do they ?

Prenton Dell will end up like Port Sunlight a bus desert soon .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Looking at new 1/x1.
Looks like Chester Zoo has a much earlier end to service.
The 1 extension to business Park seems to have very little turnaround time for a route that long.
The 1/X1 early late trips running from Bridle Rd seems odd as it will run OOS over part of the route.
Stagecoach Merseyside & South Lancashire now showing in full on the bustimes site (plus Stagecoach Manchester also on) https://bustimes.org/vehicles#10/53.4419/-2.59

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(16/08/2019 22:58)N271CKB Wrote:  Looking at new 1/x1.
Looks like Chester Zoo has a much earlier end to service.
The 1 extension to business Park seems to have very little turnaround time for a route that long.
The 1/X1 early late trips running from Bridle Rd seems odd as it will run OOS over part of the route.

What will happen is when the service suffers at Cheshire Oaks on the service 1 the route will never make it to Chester Business Park , watch the run up to Christmas to see the chaos unfold , who thinks the extension is actually a good idea?
Certainly not me, along with changing the X8 to an X1 it was a very bad idea from the get go.
I do like some of the early weekday journeys which arrive Chester station around 6am, as i can connect onto them at New Ferry/Eastham from the 811, if i want to start early.Smile

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Will any buses transfer from Chester to Rock Ferry with the start of route X1 or will they just use the vehicles displaced from the 2 route?
Remains to be seen, believe overall the PVR increases by 1.
Hear the solos leave next week so going to be some fleet movement
(23/08/2019 23:39)N271CKB Wrote:  Remains to be seen, believe overall the PVR increases by 1.
Hear the solos leave next week so going to be some fleet movement

I would think the 400mmcs will return to GIllmoss, the 59 plates 400s will go to Rockferry along with gold 300s
27255-27257. Any ideas which solos are going and to where?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
So it sounds like Rock Ferry will still be operating at near bursting point after these alterations.
The capacity issues there probably preclude any increase in Wirral operations from there.
Previous owners of Rock Ferry sold parts of the depot for housing if they had not then I'm sure Stagecoach would be operating a lot more services now.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)