Current time: 18/04/2024, 21:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
I believe all schools, there on vosa as cancelled from 28th april
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/02/2019 19:28)Busguy12 Wrote:  I believe all schools, there on vosa as cancelled from 28th april

Eazibus have cancelled all of theirs as well

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I think selwyns have come to some sort of deal with merseytravel as im led to beleive they tried to take some of happy als but then happy als made them commercial.
Then arriva birkenhead got awarded merseytravel school tenders to be told on the last minute that selwyns will be operating them instead.
They seem to be struggling to find land to base there veichles on to i am told.
97 school bus tenders went out for the April 2019 round with all of them being Wirral based. Unless Selwyns have won 97 school bus tenders (which I would assume comes to around 48 buses worth based on tenders being issued for AM or PM journeys not combined). That is a lot to go to one company without it looking a bit dodgy.

I find it weird that Stagecoach are dropping the Chester schools as well. 605 and S1. These are very busy routes. I wonder if they have something planned as it frees up 2 buses. 109/209 are also cancelled (another 2 buses freed up).
Apparently selwyns have got avons ex yard for a sum of £300,000
(28/02/2019 07:03)Busguy12 Wrote:  Apparently selwyns have got avons ex yard for a sum of £300,000

Sounds about right as selwyns wanted to lease it but the land owner wasnt interested in leasing , they wanted to sell it.
(28/02/2019 07:03)Busguy12 Wrote:  Apparently Selwyn's have got Avon's ex yard for a sum of £300,000.

That makes sense. As a matter of interest, how many MCSL buses are involved and, in total, how many buses will Selwyn's require to do these schools?
One of the gold MMC deckers was on the 1 late last night. Noted in Chester Bus Exchange around 11pm.

(02/03/2019 10:10)anw2015 Wrote:  One of the gold MMC deckers was on the 1 late last night. Noted in Chester Bus Exchange around 11pm.

They seem to be popping up on lates more and more lately!

Not sure if anybody has mentioned it, but Rock Ferrys purple Enviro200 has finally had its Autism Awareness advert applied.
(02/03/2019 11:57)L401CJF Wrote:  They seem to be popping up on lates more and more lately!

Not sure if anybody has mentioned it, but Rock Ferrys purple Enviro200 has finally had its Autism Awareness advert applied.

Indeed, I believe it should be working the 1239 38 off Eastham Ferry shortly....I'm heading there for a pic on a few mins.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)