Current time: 29/03/2024, 00:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
They have left that to the last second haven't they? Geeze. If they had sorted it earlier, it could have ran straight through as one service instead of the two different services.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/03/2018 18:30)iMarkeh Wrote:  They have left that to the last second haven't they? Geeze. If they had sorted it earlier, it could have ran straight through as one service instead of the two different services.

Welcome to the modern bus industry!
Looks like funding for the Flintshire section must have been the issue.
(29/03/2018 18:40)Valandil Wrote:  Welcome to the modern bus industry!

My previous response was moderated - I'll try again, the responsibility for this situation lies with Flintshire council and not with any bus operator. That is a fact, not conjecture, unlike some comments here that somehow remain unmoderated.
(29/03/2018 19:15)Turbostar19 Wrote:  Looks like funding for the Flintshire section must have been the issue.
It is stupid, I don't see why they removed their funding to now put it back in last minute. As it was a CWACC tender, they would have spoken to Flintshire CC to work out any improvements and requirements from that side before issuing the ITT (Invitation to tender) so Flintshire obviously made it clear they were removing their funding before the ITT was issued.

(29/03/2018 19:18)CTL45 Wrote:  My previous response was moderated - I'll try again, the responsibility for this situation lies with Flintshire council and not with any bus operator. That is a fact, not conjecture, unlike some comments here that somehow remain unmoderated.

I did mean if Flintshire had sorted it sooner as I knew it was a Flintshire funding issue and not a Stagecoach issue. (Like the DB2, being withdrawn as Flintshire won't fund Saltney Ferry and Curzon park doesn't have enough passengers hence Handbridge linked into 62).
27925? on 41/2 this afternoon,where that come from?
(30/03/2018 00:13)bus401 Wrote:  27925? on 41/2 this afternoon,where that come from?

Gillmoss
For anyone wishing to take pictures of the Liverpool Road depot whilst still in operation shouldn’t leave it long, the intentions are to run services from the waverton depot which ties in with the new timetables, stagecoach hope to be off the Liverpool Road site by the 15th so get the pics whilst you can!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
It would make sense for any buses not needed on Saturday to finish at Waverton depot and on Saturday move spare buses and all buses on the road finish at Waverton. That way every bus is moved (except those unable to move due to maintenance) and they just need to have shuttles to and from the old depot for drivers to pick up their cars.

Most solo/dart routes are starting as a 5 into town now so unless they keep blacons, X8s and tours at Liverpool Road for a week and move things a little slowly but surely the quickest way is the best then it is just equipment that needs moving which imo isn't an 'operational depot' as buses wouldn't be running from it.
(01/04/2018 15:13)iMarkeh Wrote:  It would make sense for any buses not needed on Saturday to finish at Waverton depot and on Saturday move spare buses and all buses on the road finish at Waverton. That way every bus is moved (except those unable to move due to maintenance) and they just need to have shuttles to and from the old depot for drivers to pick up their cars.

Most solo/dart routes are starting as a 5 into town now so unless they keep blacons, X8s and tours at Liverpool Road for a week and move things a little slowly but surely the quickest way is the best then it is just equipment that needs moving which imo isn't an 'operational depot' as buses wouldn't be running from it.

The way the new depot is looking atm I would say that the vehicles are likely to remain at the rink, just driven past the new site and there’s a few diggers in There and most the old concrete has been removed, if they are to run services from there next week then there’s a fair bit on work to be done, out of curiosity is there a vehicle wash being installed there?

On another note 47624 has received branding for the 61, 61X and 62 with a strap line of still buzzing around ..... whilst 47712 has also received branding

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)