Current time: 16/04/2024, 17:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(25/01/2018 12:14)E208 WBG Wrote:  So DB1 from Kinnerton and up to Mold wont be covered..I cant see DB1 lasting long just between Chester and Kinnerton

Back to the days of the 150 Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Looking at chester map db1 could cover curzon park & roads around handbridge, after them 2 areas db2 goes direct to saltney ferry which cheshire west have no need to cover, should be enough work to cover loss of ruthin route. Im surprised they havent looked at route 7 in ellesmere port in tenders unless helms run it commercially. Is there any other tendered work out of chester these days.
(25/01/2018 11:12)CTL45 Wrote:  DB2 appears to have been withdrawn. DB1 also curtailed at Kinnerton unless Flintshire decide to contribute which seems unlikely.

Where have you found out about the DB2? I can see why it has been withdrawn really. Saltney Ferry has very few passengers, Curzon Park is primarily car users and the odd passenger. Handbridge I don't know but I think that is the only place it would make money.

The DB1 does seem odd though. Are you sure about the Kinnerton termination? I do suppose the whole DB1 route after that is shared with the 40. I guess the DB1 times will be shrunk as well to cope with the DB4 times or it will have to come off the 209/SP school runs in the afternoon. Mornings would have to be another bus though would help the dead millage on the SP dupe possibly. Uless CTL45 knows the timetables or until the new timetables are sent out, we will never know.
There are some people on this forum who like to speculate before knowing the actual facts. FACT, the G3 branded strata broke down before christmas engine related so its gone back to merc to have a new engine and fuel supply. It DID NOT have a crash. The C56 is being re routed to interwork with the 5 huntington i believe

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(25/01/2018 14:24)mtl97 Wrote:  Looking at chester map db1 could cover curzon park & roads around handbridge, after them 2 areas db2 goes direct to saltney ferry which cheshire west have no need to cover, should be enough work to cover loss of ruthin route. Im surprised they havent looked at route 7 in ellesmere port in tenders unless helms run it commercially. Is there any other tendered work out of chester these days.
Route 7 hardly takes anyone from what I see. It just breaks even. Helms have already cut the Saturday service so the route can't make that much. Rivacre is already served by the 2, Westminster Rd area by the x8 so only small areas not served. Great Sutton is the only large area on the 7s where SC do not operate and I think that is all elderly.

(25/01/2018 19:59)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  There are some people on this forum who like to speculate before knowing the actual facts. FACT, the G3 branded strata broke down before christmas engine related so its gone back to merc to have a new engine and fuel supply. It DID NOT have a crash. The C56 is being re routed to interwork with the 5 huntington i believe
I did say heard. Apparently there were images on twitter. I never said it did happen. As with most things, all of us can only speculate unless something is officially confirmed. Are you sure about the C56 re route change as vosa and cwacc are showing only time changes. It does make sense though for the C56 to link with the 5 from Saighton. They should send the 5s up Highlander Road as well to serve that mega estate. That would earn a few quid. I suppose it will be a wait and see.
I totally agree with the above statement.
(25/01/2018 22:34)iMarkeh Wrote:  Route 7 hardly takes anyone from what I see. It just breaks even. Helms have already cut the Saturday service so the route can't make that much. Rivacre is already served by the 2, Westminster Rd area by the x8 so only small areas not served. Great Sutton is the only large area on the 7s where SC do not operate and I think that is all elderly.

I did say heard. Apparently there were images on twitter. I never said it did happen. As with most things, all of us can only speculate unless something is officially confirmed. Are you sure about the C56 re route change as vosa and cwacc are showing only time changes. It does make sense though for the C56 to link with the 5 from Saighton. They should send the 5s up Highlander Road as well to serve that mega estate. That would earn a few quid. I suppose it will be a wait and see.

There was a dart on the G3 yesterday
(25/01/2018 19:16)iMarkeh Wrote:  Where have you found out about the DB2? I can see why it has been withdrawn really. Saltney Ferry has very few passengers, Curzon Park is primarily car users and the odd passenger. Handbridge I don't know but I think that is the only place it would make money.

Not sure what has happened but no DB2 option has been awarded.
DB1 won't operate into Wales unless there is contribution from the Welsh authority. Flintshire don't even pay for the 40 to go through to Wrexham now, the Ffrith to Wrexham section is commercial, so based on this it seems unlikely that they will contribute to DB1 but who knows.
(26/01/2018 23:26)CTL45 Wrote:  Not sure what has happened but no DB2 option has been awarded.
DB1 won't operate into Wales unless there is contribution from the Welsh authority. Flintshire don't even pay for the 40 to go through to Wrexham now, the Ffrith to Wrexham section is commercial, so based on this it seems unlikely that they will contribute to DB1 but who knows.

Does not surprise me, when GHA had it the only busy Mold trips where the ones that went Via Hope, Fagl Lane and Leeswood

The trips via Caergwylle, Ffrith, Treuddyn where always dead as 40 was always in front both ways
What is the latest on the new depot please?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)