Current time: 18/04/2024, 14:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
It's also going to be interesting seeing Gold and X8-branded vehicles on other routes!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/12/2016 18:34)E208 WBG Wrote:  Are these duel door ones like the old P&R ones?

From the posting on http://www.stevenknightmedia.com/fleet-news-ramblings on the 12 December, single door, one of the pink ones is partially pictured, that's one of 5 liveries and potentially examples of all 5 liveries may turn up in Merseyside as 10789-95 (the ones going straight to Cambridge) have both pink & blue examples in this first 7 (10792/3 in blue & at least 10790 in pink).

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
With having park and ride plastered all over them lets see how many passengers get confused in Chester with there park and ride buses.
The ones arriving at Chester/Rock Ferry will be in standard livery unlike the earlier 15.
So where do the Gold Vehicles go that get pushed off the 2 , will they be shared between the 38/41/42 and show those customers what they could have in the future if they play there cards right .
On the welsh section of VOSA:

GLENVALE TRANSPORT LTD, GILMOSS DEPOT, EAST LANCASHIRE
ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L11 0BB
Operating between Ellesmere Port and Mold given service number SP1 / SP2 / SP1
effective from 09 January 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(16/12/2016 22:44)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  The ones arriving at Chester/Rock Ferry will be in standard livery unlike the earlier 15.

I'd be very surprised if they were, Cambridge park & ride is having 5 different liveries, one being a 'generic' livery, the other four liveries being dedicated to a particular service.....I'll have a look in Gillmoss this afternoon to see if anything has arrived.

Cheers

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(16/12/2016 23:45)wirralbus Wrote:  So where do the Gold Vehicles go that get pushed off the 2 , will they be shared between the 38/41/42 and show those customers what they could have in the future if they play there cards right .

Yes likely hood is they will be on 41/2 to increase capacity and there easy to swap for a Enviro200 that way if a 1/2 fails so they can swap them.

I suspect the 0753 service X8 will still be gold as it swapps to the 0935 service 1 when it gets to Chester.

I do however wonder on Sundays when the 2 does not run will the MMCs jump onto 471/2 as there bigger capacity than standard Enviro400s who knows.

Chester X8 branded buses im not sure where they will go whilst the deckers are there as afaik its already full to the max capacity wise.
If double-decks on route 2 & X8 become sufficiently popular, the routes could remain double-deck operated even after the Wirral Line reopens. As some will be loaned from Cambridge, others may be drafted in on a longer-term basis.
(17/12/2016 14:08)Metroline1511 Wrote:  If double-decks on route 2 & X8 become sufficiently popular, the routes could remain double-deck operated even after the Wirral Line reopens. As some will be loaned from Cambridge, others may be drafted in on a longer-term basis.

I think I posted it on another thread but both Arriva and Stagecoach have an opportunity to sell their services to an untapped market when the Wirral line closure begins. There will undoubtedly be more cars using the tunnels but what there won't be is more parking space in Liverpool city centre. This will only add to motorists' frustration and some may well try the bus for the first time since childhood. If it is a positive experience, some might make a permanent modal shift.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)