Current time: 19/04/2024, 18:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(22/12/2018 22:49)Barney Wrote:  This is not London. Once a bus is out on the road the driver is on his/her own and there is no way that the service can ensure an even flow of buses if congestion, breakdowns or RTA's occurs.

Except for green lane who as an operator on there radios who watch there services on a live map and adjusts services where necessary to avoid late running , congestion etc like London.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/12/2018 18:25)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Except for green lane who as an operator on there radios who watch there services on a live map and adjusts services where necessary to avoid late running , congestion etc like London.

I thought every depot was like this now mm?
(23/12/2018 23:40)mr t Wrote:  I thought every depot was like this now mm?

Yes, but this is not the case for SC C and W or is it? I thought only Gillmoss had radio-equipped buses.
(23/12/2018 23:40)mr t Wrote:  I thought every depot was like this now mm?

Every depot apart from st helens as working radios but there's only green lane that as an allocated person to the radio during day time 08:00 - 18:00 that gives constant instructions to keep the flow of buses going.
St helens radios are not working due to the ambulance station being next door and the signals clash and would require arriva to change there frequency to get st helens active which at the moment there not prepared to do.
Isn't this thread about stagecoach and not arriva
(24/12/2018 10:22)Busguy12 Wrote:  Isn't this thread about stagecoach and not arriva

Yes. My comment related to Stagecoach bus disruptions that occur on the Wirral but are impossible to manage as Chester and Rock Ferry depots don't have monitoring or communication with drivers. As I said, once out of the depot the SC drivers work in isolation.
We are not left in isolation. The AVL (automatic vehicle location) is used to track the buses by the depot and messages sent via our ticket machines if required.
Noted 15740 on the 6/7 earlier
(24/12/2018 09:36)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Every depot apart from st helens as working radios but there's only green lane that as an allocated person to the radio during day time 08:00 - 18:00 that gives constant instructions to keep the flow of buses going.
St helens radios are not working due to the ambulance station being next door and the signals clash and would require arriva to change there frequency to get st helens active which at the moment there not prepared to do.

Thanks mm I did think the idea of the radios was they were all being watched in effect not just GL. And it's farcical that the SH still not been sorted.
Does GM get watched I have heard lots of messages on the radios so assuming they must?
Yet again half a job by arriva
What's happened to all the double deckers that 's supposed to be on 1 ?Not ready yet ?The only ex Kettering one
out was on the 38,15748.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)