Current time: 28/03/2024, 08:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
19569 spotted on the X8 this afternoon......freshly repainted by the looks of it with WiFi stickers on the front, no branding for the X8 though (I recall reading somewhere that they are to be...can anyone confirm?)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/01/2018 15:16)mikestone Wrote:  Actually it says X1 loss of contract, so possibly gone elsewhere.

X1 contract has been awarded to M&H Coaches.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(30/08/2017 10:35)E208 WBG Wrote:  Strata Mercades 66 plate demo in Rock Ferry presume this be heading to Chester for G3?

Does anybody know if DF66AEC is still here? I may head to Chester specifically for this next Wednesday
(24/01/2018 19:31)RedPanda Wrote:  Does anybody know if DF66AEC is still here? I may head to Chester specifically for this next Wednesday

Its on long term loan and branded so yes it will be

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(24/01/2018 20:17)chester285 Wrote:  Its on long term loan and branded so yes it will be

Thanks much appreciated
(24/01/2018 19:31)RedPanda Wrote:  Does anybody know if DF66AEC is still here? I may head to Chester specifically for this next Wednesday

It hasn't been out for a short time. I have HEARD it had a crash or bump with a car while on the G3 so it was being repaired. Whether it is back on the road or not I am unsure but the other day I got on 2 consecutive days and one day was a solo and the other a dart.

DBs contract has been won by Chester depot. 1 extra bus needed shortly for Chester (PVR of 3, I presume the X1/1/2 buses will just stick around as spare for the next few months while the DBs are set up).
These dayriders are becoming VERY VERY good value for money with the ever expanding network. Arriva must be getting worried with all these Stagecoach wins. I know it is all different areas but with journey times being similar on C56 (Chester to Wrexham), DBs (Mold - Chester) and SPs (Ewloe - Mold) and 9s (Connahs Quay - Queensferry and Chester)

These trips would take the same amount of time to Arriva but the price difference is in some cases quite large. Stagecoach just aren't advertising prices or anything to encourage people to use the services so any potential passengers are sticking to what they know. If they promoted their Wales services like they promote their Liverpool ones, maybe frequencies would be much higher than they currently are.
DB1 & DB4 have been won by Stagecoach.
(25/01/2018 10:37)CTL45 Wrote:  DB1 & DB4 have been won by Stagecoach.

What about DB2
(25/01/2018 11:00)E208 WBG Wrote:  What about DB2

DB2 appears to have been withdrawn. DB1 also curtailed at Kinnerton unless Flintshire decide to contribute which seems unlikely.
(25/01/2018 11:12)CTL45 Wrote:  DB2 appears to have been withdrawn. DB1 also curtailed at Kinnerton unless Flintshire decide to contribute which seems unlikely.

No surprise regarding DB2as people in huntington and Curzon Park can walk to the main road

So DB1 from Kinnerton and up to Mold wont be covered..I cant see DB1 lasting long just between Chester and Kinnerton

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)