Current time: 29/03/2024, 00:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(21/01/2018 09:23)E208 WBG Wrote:  I have heard rumours they bidded for Cheshire Council contracts on DeeBee's weather they got them is another story.....also are they keeping service 9/X9/109 & SP1/2 as there up for tender I believe with the other ex GHA Flintshire Contracts

As stated this is only rumour so not confired in any way at present

Wasn’t the 9/x9/109 & awarded to them in the latter part of the year following townlynx stopping the service and then refusing the SP1/2? So surely that not up for retender yet?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/01/2018 10:02)chester285 Wrote:  Wasn’t the 9/x9/109 & awarded to them in the latter part of the year following townlynx stopping the service and then refusing the SP1/2? So surely that not up for retender yet?

As said it was only rumours on the grapevine prob not going to happen I doubt Stagecoach would take on useless contracts like DeeBee's
(21/01/2018 09:23)E208 WBG Wrote:  I have heard rumours they bidded for Cheshire Council contracts on DeeBee's weather they got them is another story.....also are they keeping service 9/X9/109 & SP1/2 as there up for tender I believe with the other ex GHA Flintshire Contracts

As stated this is only rumour so not confired in any way at present
I have heard they put in a bid. Whether it is useless or not, it is work. You put in bids high enough that you make money. As I have said in other places, it is well known that you can put in very daft bids and it may just be the lowest. It is work for you, it is profit. It isn't like you make a loss from tenders (unless you are very stupid). Any money is better than none. Given the way the bus industry is going in that councils are consistently withdrawing funding for bus services. I would think it wise to make as much as you can now to help keep the business going in the long run.

I think this tender must be through CWACC (Both CWACC and Flintshire contribute) and not Flintshire council as this would have all been done back with the 9s, sps etc etc. The 9s, SPs are being kept unless SC have handed back the tender. The awards were only recently so retenering them would be useless.

On a slightly side note, the C56 has also been cancelled from the same date as the X1/1/2. I did post earlier but due to moderation it has kind of popped up in the middle of the thread randomly lol. Only posted again so people see it.
Stagecoach have registered C56 from 5th Feb on vosa not sure what the changes are
[quote='E208 WBG' pid='115249' dateline='1516725646']
Stagecoach have registered C55 from 5th Feb on vosa not sure what the changes are
[/quote are you on about the C56 and not the C55 LOL
(23/01/2018 16:40)E208 WBG Wrote:  Stagecoach have registered C55 from 5th Feb on vosa not sure what the changes are

According to imarkeh they have cancelled the C56,

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(23/01/2018 20:05)PAUL2511 Wrote:  [quote='E208 WBG' pid='115249' dateline='1516725646']
Stagecoach have registered C55 from 5th Feb on vosa not sure what the changes are
[/quote are you on about the C56 and not the C55 LOL

Sorry yes C56 even dont know why I put C55
(24/01/2018 00:13)chester285 Wrote:  According to imarkeh they have cancelled the C56,

Its registered from 5th Feb via welsh Traffic Office VOSA
It appears I misread. I do apologize, it was a variation. I'm sure I read cancellation though. I was possibly tired at the time. CWACC website reports the change as the 15:45 introduced from Chester to Wrexham (I think it the 'recovery' time will be shifted more towards Chester) and timing changes to improve reliability (it seems to run fine as it is. I dont know the current situation but the buses were running along the ring road right through the traffic into Eagles Meadow and not going via High Street in Wrexham which is much quieter traffic wise. I think if Stagecoach did more advertising on the route, it could become a money spinner given that it is £1.50 cheaper than Arriva and serves more central stops in Wrexham (High Street and Eagles Meadow as well as the bus station). It is less frequent but as a few people use the service, it can only grow from there.

Stagecoach could make some of the Wales routes commercial I think but they need to advertise a little bit more and had a better presence in certain areas. I am surprised the SPs are still under funding, unless they are trying to milk it. They seem to get very busy with weeklys especially in the morning (07:15 from Mold is normally 1/2-3/4 full seated by Buckley Aldi mostly weeklys). So much potential for Stagecoach on their welsh routes to compete and win but at the same time not annoy Arriva. Simple things can make big money. No one listens though.
C56 is staying, timetable changes to make service more reliable & have aďded a 15.45 trip in mon to fri from chester to wrexham, info on west cheshire council site, also on same site mentions x1 withdrawn from march 12th

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)