Current time: 20/04/2024, 07:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Looking at the timetable I thought it was PVR 2 even with those odd trips taken out, not 100% on that though but good to see 47081 is out - good bus that one!

I might be wrong though, just had a look, maybe it is PVR 1 as the service is only 2 hourly.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/12/2017 21:17)lenno121 Wrote:  What sort of condition is it in and are there any plans to get it running or sell it?

I don't think it has moved at all for over two years now so I suspect it is just waiting to get sold for scrap.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(18/12/2017 20:07)iMarkeh Wrote:  Only a PVR of 1 as they cut the 09:05 and 16:45 from Chester so the bus would run light back to Wrexham to run the next trip. 08:13 and 15:10 from Wrexham then run light back to Wrexham as far as I can tell to then form the 08:55 and 16:55 from Wrexham.

Could the 16.55 from wrexham be covered with the bus that finishes off the x9 that arrives at wrexham similar time save that bus running empty back to chester
(19/12/2017 13:22)mtl97 Wrote:  Could the 16.55 from wrexham be covered with the bus that finishes off the x9 that arrives at wrexham similar time save that bus running empty back to chester

Dont think so as think C56 has to be a small bus such as a solo
(19/12/2017 13:50)E208 WBG Wrote:  Dont think so as think C56 has to be a small bus such as a solo

From what I could tell yesterday, a dart could do it but it depends how bad the parking is in Farndon. The rest seems reasonable. May be tight in a few places but I think a dart may fit. Of course i haven't tried it etc. Just my opinion. I think if it was taken on by Stagecoach as part of tender or commercial (commercial highly unlikely), i suppose all this would be looked at. Of course more trips would start/terminate in Chester in the morning/evening due to obviously Stagecoach being based in Chester (soon waverton).
(19/12/2017 14:20)iMarkeh Wrote:  From what I could tell yesterday, a dart could do it but it depends how bad the parking is in Farndon. The rest seems reasonable. May be tight in a few places but I think a dart may fit. Of course i haven't tried it etc. Just my opinion. I think if it was taken on by Stagecoach as part of tender or commercial (commercial highly unlikely), i suppose all this would be looked at. Of course more trips would start/terminate in Chester in the morning/evening due to obviously Stagecoach being based in Chester (soon waverton).
Do you know Where abouts in waverton because the only haulage yards I know of are still very much occupied by Morrey oils and wynstanley

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Chester to operate the C56 until further notice

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
I would be very surprised if they did not get this route full time, This is the perfect way for them into Wrexham from Chester

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/12/2017 17:38)chester285 Wrote:  Do you know Where abouts in waverton because the only haulage yards I know of are still very much occupied by Morrey oils and wynstanley

I am not sure exactly. A friend seems to remember a bus company called Loftys in Waverton, he thinks it may be there (i don't remember loftys). Maybe a driver can tell you as they all say waverton but i don't ask specific details. Everyone knows about the move but i don't know if they know the exact location. They should do though

Re: C56 glad they have it. Much cheaper fares to Wrexham. Shame the connections with X9 are so poor, would make a good day out. X1 to Broughton, x9 to Wrexham then C56 back. Timetable is very weird. In that it starts and ends in Wrexham with dead trips between. Lots of dead millage going on in Chester depot. Hopefully there will be some big route reforms soon using the x9 to do the last 2 C56etc. I think SC will be looking for the money in the next few weeks possible dropping those silly trips which make no money and trying to start/end in Chester.
I remember loftys they were based at Morley bridge near bridge trafford on x30 route, vale of llangollen had a base at old waverton station until gha bought them out but that is only a small yard, good to see stagecoach doing this route, in years gone by this service was done by contract to cheshire council so i think cheshire west might be ones sorting out contract

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)