Current time: 16/04/2024, 08:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(29/11/2016 08:30)M60lad Wrote:  Incident involving a Stagecoach Chester Depot Dart yesterday, just glad no-one was injured:

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/news/c...-12241334.

I wonder how long it will take to get the affected shelter repaired

Depending on how readily available a replacement is I wouldn't be surprised if the damaged shelter is simply removed and not replaced with the new interchange not to far on the horizon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/11/2016 12:13)Lynx Wrote:  Depending on how readily available a replacement is I wouldn't be surprised if the damaged shelter is simply removed and not replaced with the new interchange not to far on the horizon.

It will be an insurance job , therefore a new shelter will be replaced , no matter how long it will be up as the passengers will be disadvantaged at that stop until then.

Any idea of an opening date for the Gorse stacks Bus Station.
(29/11/2016 15:34)wirralbus Wrote:  It will be an insurance job , therefore a new shelter will be replaced , no matter how long it will be up as the passengers will be disadvantaged at that stop until then.

Any idea of an opening date for the Gorse stacks Bus Station.

According to the contractors its still on course for a Feb 2017 opening.
Is the plan for all services in Chester to use this bus station or will there be some exceptions.

Its just that any service service that comes in over the Grosvenor Bridge will serious get caught up in traffic trying to get round the ring road either way.

Also what about the PR1 and PR2
(29/11/2016 15:52)wirralbus Wrote:  Is the plan for all services in Chester to use this bus station or will there be some exceptions.

Its just that any service service that comes in over the Grosvenor Bridge will serious get caught up in traffic trying to get round the ring road either way.

Also what about the PR1 and PR2

As it stands nothing concrete has really been announced yet but the general idea is that anything serving the bus station currently will go from Gorse Stacks and anything that starts/terminates at the railway station, Foregate St etc. will still continue to do so, including PR1 and PR2.
(29/11/2016 17:24)Lynx Wrote:  As it stands nothing concrete has really been announced yet but the general idea is that anything serving the bus station currently will go from Gorse Stacks and anything that starts/terminates at the railway station, Foregate St etc. will still continue to do so, including PR1 and PR2.

Lets just hope that the stops on the curved section don't impede anything going round the curve , at Birkenhead Bus Station which has a curve they had to rejig services around to prevent a bus jam caused by the rear of larger single decker and double decker from jutting out into the roadway, in the end they put those silly small electric buses on that stop.
(29/11/2016 20:17)wirralbus Wrote:  Lets just hope that the stops on the curved section don't impede anything going round the curve , at Birkenhead Bus Station which has a curve they had to rejig services around to prevent a bus jam caused by the rear of larger single decker and double decker from jutting out into the roadway, in the end they put those silly small electric buses on that stop.

Hopefully somehow it won't be another Birkenhead but in my opinion it quite simply doesn't look big enough to handle what the current interchange handles. I just cant work out where layovers are going to go. Surely however you would expect the designers and Cheshire west to have taken this into account as well as the design faults with other similarly designed stations.
(29/11/2016 20:30)Lynx Wrote:  Hopefully somehow it won't be another Birkenhead but in my opinion it quite simply doesn't look big enough to handle what the current interchange handles. I just cant work out where layovers are going to go. Surely however you would expect the designers and Cheshire west to have taken this into account as well as the design faults with other similarly designed stations.

I would of thought the layovers for stagecoach where time allows would be back at the depot as I would imagine helms would be, given stagecoach allow the use of their depot for lunch breaks, but who knows, this really is a failing on the desginers and CWaC to factor in

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
To be honest the Stagecoach Garage would result in too much time time being taken getting to and from the Bus Station. Just be honest how much traffic does Chester get on the inner ring road and the Fountains roundabout have to contend with.

I highly suspect after a settling down period , the 1 and 2 will have there layover at the Liverpool end of the route , where possible.

I wonder whether CWaC Council will stick a restriction preventing buses from hogging stops for inordinate lengths of time , like Merseytravel do in there bus stations.
(29/11/2016 22:40)wirralbus Wrote:  I wonder whether CWaC Council will stick a restriction preventing buses from hogging stops for inordinate lengths of time , like Merseytravel do in there bus stations.

That's a good point!
The Blacons alone often take up 3 stands with their stop hogging, say 1 Stagecoach and 2 Arriva vehicles, or the other way around.
Then you also often have at least one 10(A) sitting idle due to their 15-minute layovers.
The 51 and 53 generally arrive nearly together and will have longer layovers due to the bus station being closer to their outer termini; this also applies to other services.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)