Current time: 19/04/2024, 09:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(13/08/2016 23:19)iMarkeh Wrote:  Liverpool Road was going to be student accomedation at one point. Why not do that still and move up the road to the port.

there's plenty or large derelict land on oil sites road which is Big enough to combine both depots, it's hand for the motorway, this could then give the opportunity to bring in new routes in both directions even to the extent stagecoach could then begin to build up routes into Runcorn, Widnes and Halton and even Warrington

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/08/2016 08:24)chester285 Wrote:  there's plenty or large derelict land on oil sites road which is Big enough to combine both depots, it's hand for the motorway, this could then give the opportunity to bring in new routes in both directions even to the extent stagecoach could then begin to build up routes into Runcorn, Widnes and Halton and even Warrington

That is good to combine depots but think then about dead millage. Chester routes would have higher dead milage and so would some RF depots. It would only benefit Eport routes and maybe Liverpools. Will loads of dead millage make up for all the extra travelling and emissions.
New service 2 timetable. The old one was a mistake apparently. This has more and earlier Saturday service.
https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...ac9bd2ffff
Quote:36 (Stagecoach) Ellesmere Port - Cheshire Oaks - Elton - Frodsham - Runcorn Service withdrawn and replaced with new X2 service. Monday to Saturday 4 September 2016
X2 (Stagecoach) Chester -Ellesmere Port -Cheshire Oaks - Elton - Frodsham - Runcorn - Halton Lea New service combining the X2 Chester to Ellesmere Port service and the 36 Ellesmere Port to Runcorn service Monday to Saturday 4 September 2016

Will be interesting to see how this all works out and if all 36s are still the same route or they move one away from Ince/Elton...

Quote:605 (Stagecoach) Saughall - Blacon - Chester - Chester bus exchange - Bishop Bluecoat School New commercial school days service Monday to Friday (school days only) 6 September 2016
I hope this is not another rip off bus service like the S1. Currently SC charge more for a single on the S1 than a dayrider PLUS which can get you from Chester to Southport... I think their prices are horrid and they are just using pupils as a way to make money as other tickets are so low.

All quotes are info from CWACC website.
Crash involving one of the Gold Chesters today on a 1/2, was on their twitter feed
When I looked at that timetable I don't understand the logic of having three trips from Birkenhead to Chester on the Saturday at 0656 , 0726 and 0756 , then the following service is at 0926 , looks bizarre that gap .
So will the X2 be Chester - Runcorn or Chester - E. Port/E. Port - Runcorn?
(16/08/2016 13:16)wirralbus Wrote:  When I looked at that timetable I don't understand the logic of having three trips from Birkenhead to Chester on the Saturday at 0656 , 0726 and 0756 , then the following service is at 0926 , looks bizarre that gap .

Maybe a typo? 1:30 gap instead of just 0:30?
(16/08/2016 23:04)telf23 Wrote:  So will the X2 be Chester - Runcorn or Chester - E. Port/E. Port - Runcorn?

I would imagine it's Chester to Runcorn via the Port, Oaks etc I will be interesting to see if they increase the number of vehicles for This route

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(16/08/2016 23:04)telf23 Wrote:  So will the X2 be Chester - Runcorn or Chester - E. Port/E. Port - Runcorn?

The X2 will go Chester - Eport - Runcorn. The route I bet is to compete with Arriva. £4 on SC or £5 on Arriva.
13.50 week ticket on SC but takes 20 mins longer
17:00 a week on Arriva but is quicker

Over a year, that could be a saving of almost £200 pound for spending an extra 40 mins on a bus. This does depend on if the new 36 timetable will stick with all buses via Elton which I doubt.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)