Current time: 19/04/2024, 17:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(28/06/2016 19:23)wirralbus Wrote:  The last services to operate into Port Sunlight where two return trips Monday - Saturday operated by First Potteries (Moreton) and an all day service on Sundays provided by A1A Travel.

Both operators have since left the Wirral

Nope the last days of 151 where Raddoneur of evernings and Eazibus on Sundays with some other random firm doing one early morning trip (North West Travel from Liverpool if i remember correctly)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
So with arriva set to withdraw the 2 in September, I wonder where the 5 extra gold buses will come from to cover arrivas journeys?

I am no longer active on this forum.
How many spares do they have at the moment as it is a regular occurence for the spare gold vehicles on the 41/42 which will be no more .
(29/06/2016 12:06)wirralbus Wrote:  How many spares do they have at the moment as it is a regular occurence for the spare gold vehicles on the 41/42 which will be no more .

Can't remember exactly how many gold buses there are, but the PVR for the1/2 combined that stagecoach currently operate is 16. If the route/ times remain unaltered in September and stagecoach just take on arrivas turns the PVR should increase to 21. How many gold 1/2 buses are there herr currently?

There's talk of the work being split between Birkenhead and Chester again, but either way they'll have to be gold.

Wonder whether we are seeing the end of these partnership routes , this one just seemed to be lob-sided towards First then Stagecoach , just seems slowly but surely that Chester is slowly being removed from the Arriva map the X2 gone , 2 going the 84 reduced , what next for them .
Why not use those nice Gold Solos at Chester Wink
It would be fairer if Stagecoach threw in their 471/472.
There are 2 spare Gold vehicles at Rock Ferry, often turned out on the likes of the Mill Park - Woodchurch 41/42 services.

Added to that, Stagecoach will be able to inter-work routes 1 & 2 which isn't currently possible. The current timetable also involves long layovers at Chester on route 1 for reliability & this should also be eliminated.

That should resource at least 3 extra vehicles.
If its for reliability on the 1 , they should keep the routes seperate , the last thing you want is a service 1 that has to operate through Cheshire Oaks passing on the delay to a service 2 which doesnt pass through Cheshire Oaks or Chester Zoo for that matter.
(29/06/2016 13:58)Turbostar Wrote:  The current timetable also involves long layovers at Chester on route 1 for reliability & this should also be eliminated.

No they shouldn't. It's there for a reason and is an absolute godsend around Christmas time.

Aye I imagine that is how the service is kept reliable - you may run in late but you can still leave on time again.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)