Current time: 25/04/2024, 01:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
The X8 should survive as its a route that Stagecoach see as a longer term prospect. In addition to the change of route, the expectation is that people who used to use the Arriva X2 service will also use the X8.

Loadings are going up, though it is fair to say they can be patchy, especially during the week.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/05/2016 20:06)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  As mentioned previously, Frodsham Street is soon to be pedestrianised with Love Street being made into a one way road for buses only. Im sure that, once the new bus station opens, the X8 will be going in to there.

When is the new bus station due to open?
(31/05/2016 19:44)telf23 Wrote:  When is the new bus station due to open?

They reckon early next year, or so I've heard.

Its also been mentioned that the current bus station is supposed to close before the new one opens, but who knows.

I am no longer active on this forum.
(31/05/2016 20:30)R879 HRF Wrote:  They reckon early next year, or so I've heard.

Its also been mentioned that the current bus station is supposed to close before the new one opens, but who knows.

That sounds about right CWaC at its best!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
So it really will be interesting to see where they all go if that's the case that there will be a lot of congestion somewhere coupled with confused passengers , doesn't make for a good recipe .
Having driven past the new bus station in Chester at the weekend, it does seem to be making good progress. I would hope that it would be open before the end of this year, though I acknowledge that the scheduled opening date is due to be in the early part of next year.

On another issue, I noted 2 northbound X8's passing Backford on the A41 at around 18:00 last night so it looks like there may be teething troubles with the new timetable/route. It maybe wasn't the best idea to launch it on a bank holiday weekend & one that is also linked to half term.
18442 has arrived at Birkenhead from Gillmoss
21263 on the X8 today
Still in P&R colours?
No. Roof hasnt been painted like

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)