Current time: 19/04/2024, 05:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(07/04/2016 20:51)wirralbus Wrote:  Out of interest what ticket machines do both Arriva and Stagecoach use ?

Arriva use Wayfarer machines and Stagecoach ERG machines
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/04/2016 18:49)Turbostar Wrote:  That's interesting about the X8. Running it via the zoo would allow Stagecoach to re-route the 1 & possibly save a diagram. Don't forget the long layover service 1 buses currently have in Chester.

I doubt it will take that much longer & a bonus will be that it shouldn't get as bogged down in traffic around Cheshire Oaks at peak times. At least one contributor on here has cited the issues getting off the M53 & round the Oaks which cause issues occasionally.

I'm also hoping it will stop by the shops at Long Lane, Upton as well as I could get on the darned thing there!!

Perhaps this is to scrap the zoo rail ticket scheme on the 32 between the station and zoo when stagecoach take control of the PR this summer, instead accept them on the x8.. kind of forces people to use it!

And if they decided to reroute the 1 to avoid the zoo, it would mean arriva passes can't be used there as the x8 isn't qbp, meaning people visiting the zoo would have to buy a stagecoach ticket.. just a thought.

I am no longer active on this forum.
(08/04/2016 08:19)R879 HRF Wrote:  Perhaps this is to scrap the zoo rail ticket scheme on the 32 between the station and zoo when stagecoach take control of the PR this summer, instead accept them on the x8.. kind of forces people to use it!

And if they decided to reroute the 1 to avoid the zoo, it would mean arriva passes can't be used there as the x8 isn't qbp, meaning people visiting the zoo would have to buy a stagecoach ticket.. just a thought.

Your thought about the P&R had crossed my mind too & it's true that Arriva passengers wouldn't be able to access the Zoo directly. The connection between the station & the zoo only needs to be half hourly at best and not between every 10-15 minutes as it is now using the P&R service. It's notable that there are no bus stops along the A41 between the Wheatsheaf pub and the Mollington turn off on route 1, other than those within the zoo complex itself.

This move is looking to be quite clever on the part of Stagecoach!
(07/04/2016 19:09)wirralbus Wrote:  This is a minefield of what can and cant be used as all the different QBP seem to have differing ticket rules.

Just to make things clear...
[Image: CfhYaX-WQAEj788.jpg]

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
So it seems that the Wirral QBP's had been signed up a lot differently to the Liverpool ones .

Maybe because it was First and not Stagecoach who signed the agreements originally .
(08/04/2016 14:17)wirralbus Wrote:  So it seems that the Wirral QBP's had been signed up a lot differently to the Liverpool ones .

Maybe because it was First and not Stagecoach who signed the agreements originally .

It was indeed First that signed up to the QBP on the Wirral.
It seems the X8 going to Chester Zoo is nothing new , under an old guise the X8 under PMT ownership called there , it soon changing to a straight 8.

Entrance into the Zoo does have its pitfalls in its own right when the Zoo is busy on a warm summers day , remember them sort of days which are few and far between.
(08/04/2016 19:32)wirralbus Wrote:  It seems the X8 going to Chester Zoo is nothing new , under an old guise the X8 under PMT ownership called there , it soon changing to a straight 8.

Entrance into the Zoo does have its pitfalls in its own right when the Zoo is busy on a warm summers day , remember them sort of days which are few and far between.

I remember that. Didn't last long either as I recall?

The zoo isn't quite the pinch point it used to be, but sunny bank holidays can cause long delays around Upton. Have to see how that pans out & the August b/h will be the first acid test.
The zoo was incredibly busy the first few days of last week (school holiday). Car park over flowing and the queue of cars waiting to get in was backed up all the way down the backford dip to the strawberry roundabout! The 1s suffered terribly. It was just as bad getting out of the zoo the day before as there was am accident on the M56 at zoo closing time. The zoo was gridlocked and the 1s suffering delays of 15-20 mins just trying to get out of the zoo.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Thats an awful long way to have standing traffic , on warm day though even if the service 1 doesnt operate via Chester zoo and we dont know whether the X8 change is going to start the process the traffic congestion will just cuse all services towards Chester to become delayed , and because Stagecoach operate the vast majority of services to Chester they get the brickbats , no matter how much they throw out onto social media that its traffic congestion.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)