Current time: 24/04/2024, 11:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
I have noticed that on New Years Day there is no 42 service only a 41A between Mill Park and Woodchurch and vice versa at a 60 minute interval.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday i had Alexander Pointer Dart 34809 on the X8 Service, How often does this happen? Have to admit it put the Enviro 300s to shame

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(31/12/2015 10:03)T42 PVM Wrote:  Yesterday i had Alexander Pointer Dart 34809 on the X8 Service, How often does this happen? Have to admit it put the Enviro 300s to shame
Not that uncommon on X8,noticed yesterday 21258 failed on X8 by Levers

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Having used both the 2 (being a Gold Enviro) and X8 today, I would say the X8 now is definitely the poor relation. The X8 may be quicker but the vehicles don't have the quality as whats on the 1/2 these days (even the Wifi didn't connect on my journey). Speaking of Wifi, I noticed on the login screen when on the X8, it still mentions the X22 (says the X8/X22 services). Surely it maybe an idea to either order a few more Enviro 300's for the service or bring the existing vehicles up to similar standard, so that all Stagecoach Liverpool - Chester services have the same standard.
Hows the time-keeping of the X8 been during the pre and post christmas shopping period at Cheshire Oaks i wonder ?
(31/12/2015 18:16)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Having used both the 2 (being a Gold Enviro) and X8 today, I would say the X8 now is definitely the poor relation. The X8 may be quicker but the vehicles don't have the quality as whats on the 1/2 these days (even the Wifi didn't connect on my journey). Speaking of Wifi, I noticed on the login screen when on the X8, it still mentions the X22 (says the X8/X22 services). Surely it maybe an idea to either order a few more Enviro 300's for the service or bring the existing vehicles up to similar standard, so that all Stagecoach Liverpool - Chester services have the same standard.

surely you don't expect 09-12 plates to have the same quality as a 65 plate vehicle over time I am sure these will be upgraded!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(31/12/2015 21:26)wirralbus Wrote:  Hows the time-keeping of the X8 been during the pre and post christmas shopping period at Cheshire Oaks i wonder ?

Unfortunately, the curse that is Cheshire Oaks has struck again between Christmas & New Year. On Tuesday, I was waiting at Liverpool for the 15:34 X8 but this (and the 16:04) hadn't appeared by 16:10. I eventually bailed onto a '1' (which strangely were running roughly to time).

Talking to a driver, I understand it's been suggested that during the busy Christmas holidays, that buses don't go round Cheshire Oaks, but instead pick up/set down and the stops outside. Stagecoach don't want to do this , not surprisingly, so the delays will continue.

Last year, a sixth vehicle was diagrammed for the X8 at Christmas but I'm not sure that's happened this year. I'm afraid I've learnt to leave the X8 alone at Christmas.
Traffic management at Cheshire Oaks is not helped by having two roundabouts one at the Sainsburys Supermarket entrance end and the other at the Vue Cinema end , if these where replaced with traffic signals a better flow could be developed i reckon , they would just have to be synchronised with the A5117 and Motorway Roundabout lights , its just a free for all with the roundabout's and the ensuing accidents that follow .
Does anyone know when Chester is receiving the new Enviro200s for the Park and Ride Contract. I'm sure somewhere I've read that their due this year
Will be summer at the earliest - we'll know more when the Stagecoach group order is announced (probably around March time)

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)