Current time: 23/04/2024, 14:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(30/08/2014 06:52)Shaun821 Wrote:  The land is worth a lot of money thats why they wont just sell it. Thats why they have said they will close the depot if its not making money, they wont sell it. Probably going to keep hold of that land for as long as they can to make a huge profit when it does come to selling it.

I can't see them closing Chester as that was the depot which was making the profit be it however small under firsts reign

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/08/2014 12:01)chester285 Wrote:  I can't see them closing Chester as that was the depot which was making the profit be it however small under firsts reign

That was because for most of the time under First's ownership it was a duopoly with Chester city Transport.
(30/08/2014 13:03)wirralbus Wrote:  That was because for most of the time under First's ownership it was a duopoly with Chester city Transport.

The high value of the depot location would seem good business to sell it and relocate,perhaps to a location just over the welsh border to take any advantage of grants from the welsh assembly,Arriva`s Chester depot is in wales.
(30/08/2014 12:01)chester285 Wrote:  I can't see them closing Chester as that was the depot which was making the profit be it however small under firsts reign

Yes Chester made a profit when the Liverpools were there, but sinse they have all gone to rock ferry, chester only has its local routes that make no profit at all. Rock Ferry is raking it in with all the 1s and 2s.
21260 & 28542 seen going through Wallasey Tunnel heading Wirral side.
(30/08/2014 15:19)Shaun821 Wrote:  Yes Chester made a profit when the Liverpools were there, but sinse they have all gone to rock ferry, chester only has its local routes that make no profit at all. Rock Ferry is raking it in with all the 1s and 2s.

If that was the case why did Chester relinquish the Liverpool - Chester services to Rock Ferry was it because of the QBP .
21260 is used for route learning for x8 today, wallasey tunnel being used to show a diversion incase there is one.

And Rock Ferry got all 1s and 2s because the depot was working at a loss. Hopefully the X8 will help turn chester around
Rock Ferry is part of 'Merseyside and South Lancashire' whereas Chester is in Cheshire. Stagecoach, for some unknown reason, dont want to touch North Wales, hence them shutting Wrexham last month. Chester is actually Stagecoach in Cheshire, now whether they are going to expand into Cheshire and eventually break Chester away from Merseyside and South Lancashire and open new depots around Cheshire, I dont know, but I can see it happening after the next 2 years. They have introduced this new X8 route and openly said they know its not going to make profit so I really couldnt tell you what they are palnning in Gillmoss, at the moment nothing seems to be making sense.
(30/08/2014 17:17)Shaun821 Wrote:  21260 is used for route learning for x8 today, wallasey tunnel being used to show a diversion incase there is one.

And Rock Ferry got all 1s and 2s because the depot was working at a loss. Hopefully the X8 will help turn chester around

Was it beneficial to have all the main QBP Chester - Liverpool services operating out of one depot.

Does this X8 open a can of worms though as it stands the market share of Arriva Liverpool - Chester drops even more than it already does .
(30/08/2014 18:44)Shaun821 Wrote:  Rock Ferry is part of 'Merseyside and South Lancashire' whereas Chester is in Cheshire. Stagecoach, for some unknown reason, dont want to touch North Wales, hence them shutting Wrexham last month. Chester is actually Stagecoach in Cheshire, now whether they are going to expand into Cheshire and eventually break Chester away from Merseyside and South Lancashire and open new depots around Cheshire, I dont know, but I can see it happening after the next 2 years. They have introduced this new X8 route and openly said they know its not going to make profit so I really couldnt tell you what they are palnning in Gillmoss, at the moment nothing seems to be making sense.

That sort of answers one question why the 1 and 2 is not a joint depot operation which would ensure that there is no really late services which really only operate to get the vehicles back to the depot.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)