Current time: 25/04/2024, 04:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Chesters 21262 replaced Rock Ferrys 21252 on the 1 in Chester late this morning.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I wonder if Chester aee going to get any buses on loan as they seem to be short noe with 34600 still off the road, a couple of the Volvo Eclipses have been having gearbox issues and 34811 is going to be off the road for a while after the collision it had last week.
(09/08/2014 21:17)Shaun821 Wrote:  Chesters 21262 replaced Rock Ferrys 21252 on the 1 in Chester late this morning.

Funny you should mention 21252, actually saw it out in normal service a couple of weeks ago, for the first time I can recall, still had an older style destination display, is there a reason this never seems to get out at all?

Ta!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(10/08/2014 19:59)gka472l Wrote:  Funny you should mention 21252, actually saw it out in normal service a couple of weeks ago, for the first time I can recall, still had an older style destination display, is there a reason this never seems to get out at all?

Ta!

It' was badly underpowered and struggled to pull off, on one occasion didn't make it out of the tunnel with a full load so got allocated to permanent schools. It's since been sorted and makes normal service. Sort of!

I am no longer active on this forum.
Really does make you wonder why Stagecoach got rid of the majority of Scanias, theyare far better than the Volvos. The remaining ones prove this point. They have clocked well over 1million miles and are still powerful off the mark, good speed and generally good buses. The only fault with them is the overheating.
(10/08/2014 19:55)Shaun821 Wrote:  I wonder if Chester aee going to get any buses on loan as they seem to be short noe with 34600 still off the road, a couple of the Volvo Eclipses have been having gearbox issues and 34811 is going to be off the road for a while after the collision it had last week.

What happened did It collide with another bus or?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Does anybody know which Enviro 300s Chester will be getting for the X8?

(10/08/2014 20:50)chester285 Wrote:  What happened did It collide with another bus or?

A van slammed on and the bus went in to the back of it. It had ladders on the roof overhanging at the back. The front of the bus is pretty mangled. Everyone involved is ok.
(10/08/2014 21:38)Shaun821 Wrote:  A van slammed on and the bus went in to the back of it. It had ladders on the roof overhanging at the back. The front of the bus is pretty mangled. Everyone involved is ok.

Not good, at least no one was hurt, that's the main thing!

(10/08/2014 20:38)Shaun821 Wrote:  Really does make you wonder why Stagecoach got rid of the majority of Scanias,

Non standard, not needed, not DDA compliant, in need of large expenditure.

Need I go on?

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)