Current time: 16/04/2024, 18:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Any idea what time?
[/quote]

22:10 Holyhead bound then will call back at Chester bus exchange at 02:20 Manchester bound. It will be running at number M17
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The only time I can find is 0220 from Hunters Walk , Bus Interchange Bay 15

Arriving at Victoria Coach Station at 0800

Fares vary between £5.00 , £6.00 , £7.00 and £9.00 depending on the day of the week coming up.

The service from Victoria Coach Station departs at 1630
arrives Hunters Walk , Bus Interchange Stand 15 at 2210

Both these services operate via Manchester Shudehill Interchange Stand G
T Wigley vehicle disposal are currently in Rock Ferry removing fire damaged 21255

I am no longer active on this forum.
New timetable for the 41/42/41A has been released today.

Changes -

Routes 41 and 42: some later Monday to Saturday evening buses are introduced. Monday to Saturday evening and all Sunday daytime Route 41 buses are renumbered 41A and are rerouted to serve Storeton Road, Prenton Lane and Prenton Hall Road in Prenton, instead of a section of Woodchurch Road.

Route 141 and 142: buses are renumbered 41 or 42.

Link - http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...014%29.pdf
I think it was quite evident from the registration of the X22 that Stagecoach were going to try their luck at forcing their next-best competitor out of business, that probably goes without saying. I don't want to stray too much off topic but at the end of the day when Avon withdraw the 40 and 40A, it may actually be a good idea, I wouldn't say it's the most profitable route in regards to ingoings versus expenses, but in effect it could actually strengthen Avon's position by freeing up other resources to invest elsewhere.

(19/05/2014 16:39)YK53 GXO Wrote:  I don't think Stagecoach want to close Avon down completely, they are only doing it for the £££s.
I can't think of any profitable company that isn't in business not in it for the money, that'd be really unethical.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/05/2014 18:48)R557 ABA Wrote:  I think it was quite evident from the registration of the X22 that Stagecoach were going to try their luck at forcing their next-best competitor out of business, that probably goes without saying. I don't want to stray too much off topic but at the end of the day when Avon withdraw the 40 and 40A, it may actually be a good idea, I wouldn't say it's the most profitable route in regards to ingoings versus expenses, but in effect it could actually strengthen Avon's position by freeing up other resources to invest elsewhere.

I can't think of any profitable company that isn't in business not in it for the money, that'd be really unethical.

To be fair over X22,First had the Chester - Heswell route before Avon,so with the Stagecoach takeover it might more a case of undoing Firstbuses wrongs.I Actully think theres nothing realy wrong with Avon - Yes the fleet investment has slowed down over the years but with the recent climate the way it is,is it realy a surprise?

like others have said,Stagecoach are looking to make cash out of the Wirral,something firstbus failed to do & like people have said about Manchester,Its good old Bus wars
Perhaps they're looking at potential of former PMT routes, in the beginning of the 41 as a SMART route the 41B (or was it C or D) went down Prenton Hall Rd along with the 170, sounds like they're trying to rake in some new customers and new areas by digging up old routes

(20/05/2014 06:24)R879 HRF Wrote:  Perhaps they're looking at potential of former PMT routes, in the beginning of the 41 as a SMART route the 41B (or was it C or D) went down Prenton Hall Rd along with the 170, sounds like they're trying to rake in some new customers and new areas by digging up old routes

Wasnt that a route that used minibuses and went through to the Holmlands Estate , from New Ferry Boundary Road , it had various numbers and is now the precursor to the Merseytravel 154/155 services.
(20/05/2014 07:20)wirralbus Wrote:  Wasnt that a route that used minibuses and went through to the Holmlands Estate , from New Ferry Boundary Road , it had various numbers and is now the precursor to the Merseytravel 154/155 services.

The above routes where the operated by SMART branded SSSs and IDCs, Woodside-Woodchurch via Prenton Hall Rd

(20/05/2014 09:03)R879 HRF Wrote:  The above routes where the operated by SMART branded SSSs and IDCs, Woodside-Woodchurch via Prenton Hall Rd

To be honest can only remember the 170 going that way and that used to be interworked then with the 141 at Woodside , that's when Woodside had a sensible bus service.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)