Current time: 24/04/2024, 22:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
I've heard repaints will wait for now at least as with Wigan as its looking likely the OFT are looking into it for the sake of looking into it!

RIP 96 - YNWA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
CCTV is standard on all Stagecoach new orders, and is slowly being retrofitted to mid-life vehicles that justify it.
Wrecker at Rock Ferry 17:15 could be for 28531 which was parked near entrance

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Forgot to mention, S682 BFS broke down in Liverpool last night on layover, RNW recovering it around 1815.

I am no longer active on this forum.
(22/01/2013 16:51)wirralbus Wrote:  
(22/01/2013 16:40)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(22/01/2013 12:05)ste Wrote:  CCTV would surely be catching this happening though?

A number of bus companies, now have CCTV fitted to their vehicles. But until somebody reports seeing damage being done either to the Police or the company concerned, then the CCTV does not get checked.

Im sure Stagecoach are one of the companies that would have CCTV on there vehicles as standard from new .

If the company noticed damage to the vehicles i would have expected somebody to be looking at a download of the cctv if the vehicle had them and not wait for it to be reported to them by an eagle eyed member of the public.

Please bear in mind that most buses are on the road between 12 - 18 hours a day, and with some depots operating upto 100 buses in service a day. Thats some 12,000 -18,000 hours worth of CCTV footage a day to be checked!

Thats why it is important that when people see damage be done that they report it!
Given that vehicles go out in "shifts" ie 9-4 or whatever would it a) not be a idea to have a member of depot staff check it before taking it out b) have drivers check on each of there lay over times c) have depot staff check it over up on return. Thus you can narrow down the times to watch the cctv recordings
Vehicles do not go out in 'shifts'...typically a vehicle board may start at 0500 in the morning and not finish till gone 9PM.

Does it not occur to you that depot staff have other, more important jobs to do than sit and watch CCTV?
As has been said, if an incident is reported by a driver, passenger, member of the public whether it be a complaint about the bus/driver/staff, incident onboard such as vandalism or an attack they will check the cameras - but other than that they generally dont

As has also been said, the depot staff have to run the depot, watching thousands of hours of cctv isnt productive!

I know arriva do have a member of staff that checks cameras though, not the whole footage, just the odd section here and there to keep an eye on things!

R874 ERE was on the 41 briefly this morning, must have been covering for a breakdown or something as was only on for a trip, now an enviro is on the duty.

Luke

I am no longer active on this forum.
36817 out on the 41 today, not seen it before.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(23/01/2013 18:01)gka472l Wrote:  36817 out on the 41 today, not seen it before.
It's been in service at Rock Ferry since, at least, the 21/01/2013:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28011506@N04/8402087205/

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)