Current time: 16/04/2024, 08:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

St Helens Bus Network Review (2018)
RE: St Helens Bus Network Review (2018)
(13/02/2019 07:38)RedPanda Wrote:  With regards to the 22 how busy doe it get? Currently the 603 is M780 Solos and it works fine. I don’t think they’d work well at rush hour. Not in Warrington.

It seems a bit like mismatched routes, as the current 22 is (or at least certainly has been) allocated larger buses including Warrington's Eclipses and deckers for some trips.
I'm not sure exactly which journeys or why, but it may possibly be for the journeys which connect for Priestley College, or for other schools on the route?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/02/2019 02:51)Valandil Wrote:  It seems a bit like mismatched routes, as the current 22 is (or at least certainly has been) allocated larger buses including Warrington's Eclipses and deckers for some trips.
I'm not sure exactly which journeys or why, but it may possibly be for the journeys which continue to Priestley College, or for other schools on the route?

My thoughts exactly! With Elizabeth Road and sometimes Birch Road in Haydock having cars double parked a Cadet would struggle most definitely let alone an Eclipse or fire engine. There’s currently gas works going on at this estate which only contributes more to the problem.

It’s only a small section that can easily be missed out but it is the route meaning Warrington’s Own Buses will be unable to fulfil the contract.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Merseytravel have now put up proposed timetables for the 22, 39 and 156.

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us...e%2022.pdf
https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us...e%2039.pdf
https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us...%20156.pdf
The running time they have proposed for the 39 looks relatively tight for time.
the 156 looks stupid as well, 1 min layover per round trip

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Note the 22 is proposed to no longer serve Sefton Street/sturgess street and also confirmed will go via Elizabeth Road, can't see that working with Warringtons fleet. Maybe better for it to stick to Piele Road and the 156 divert via Elizabeth Road with HTLs Solos as they do now on the 603.
According to the proposed timetable, the first 22 of the day from Ashton would terminate at Newton-le-Willows, presumably to pick up a school/college run.
So the first 22 of the day into Warrington would arrive at 09:15, compared with the current 07:49 (then 08:32) - not too friendly for commuters but may be nice for Arriva ...
(16/02/2019 00:13)Valandil Wrote:  According to the proposed timetable, the first 22 of the day from Ashton would terminate at Newton-le-Willows, presumably to pick up a school/college run.
So the first 22 of the day into Warrington would arrive at 09:15, compared with the current 07:49 (then 08:32) - not too friendly for commuters but may be nice for Arriva ...

I think that this timetable only shows the trips which will run to/from Ashton. Short trips may run additionally between Vulcan and Warrington. The earlier 22s will run as they connect onto the Priestly College runs.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)