Current time: 28/03/2024, 16:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

St Helens Bus Network Review (2018)
St Helens Bus Network Review (2018)
Consultation now open on Merseytravel's website:

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us...-2018.aspx

Rather than adding to the thread about the previous network review, thought it better to start a fresh thread. No problem if Mods feel happier with this being merged with the older thread.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: St Helens Bus Network Review (2018)
Well this has come around again rather fast!
(11/07/2018 15:43)Valandil Wrote:  Well this has come around again rather fast!

If only the buses came round just as fast.....
(11/07/2018 15:22)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Consultation now open on Merseytravel's website:

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us...-2018.aspx

Rather than adding to the thread about the previous network review, thought it better to start a fresh thread. No problem if Mods feel happier with this being merged with the older thread.

Being from St Helens myself Im keen to see what changes will happen if any
(11/07/2018 15:43)Valandil Wrote:  Well this has come around again rather fast!

Although the consultation is on now, the changes are only due to be implented in April 2019.
(11/07/2018 16:04)darylyates17 Wrote:  Being from St Helens myself Im keen to see what changes will happen if any

Very rarely do I see anybody on 156 (St Helens - Lea Green). Wouldn’t be surprised if that part of the route is withdrawn with another route taking over to serve the estate behind the CO-OP in Sutton.
Withdraw 28 Blackbrook St Helens section and replace with 156.

Daytime
Withdraw Ashton only 320, operate St Helens Wigan 320 every 20 minutes with deckers
Revert 20 to every 20 minutes to keep the route going, it can also run as a duplicate

Evening/Sunday
Retain the Ashton only 320 and keep it every half hour, Wigan, Ashton, Wigan, Ashton etc.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(11/07/2018 18:57)RedPanda Wrote:  Very rarely do I see anybody on 156 (St Helens - Lea Green). Wouldn’t be surprised if that part of the route is withdrawn with another route taking over to serve the estate behind the CO-OP in Sutton.
Withdraw 28 Blackbrook St Helens section and replace with 156.

Daytime
Withdraw Ashton only 320, operate St Helens Wigan 320 every 20 minutes with deckers
Revert 20 to every 20 minutes to keep the route going, it can also run as a duplicate

Evening/Sunday
Retain the Ashton only 320 and keep it every half hour, Wigan, Ashton, Wigan, Ashton etc.

Why would you withdraw a commercial route and replace it with a tendered one? Unless Hattons have plans to withdraw the 28, Merseytravel can not make them drop it.
(12/07/2018 18:38)iMarkeh Wrote:  Why would you withdraw a commercial route and replace it with a tendered one? Unless Hattons have plans to withdraw the 28, Merseytravel can not make them drop it.

Its all done in co-operation so anything is possible
(12/07/2018 18:38)iMarkeh Wrote:  Why would you withdraw a commercial route and replace it with a tendered one? Unless Hattons have plans to withdraw the 28, Merseytravel can not make them drop it.

I thought the 28 was a tender
That reminds me I forgot to say reroute the 156 to serve St. Helens hospital
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(12/07/2018 19:27)mr t Wrote:  Its all done in co-operation so anything is possible

The 28 could be extended with funding but you can not make anyone drop a commercial route. The TC could but only if the company is running against TC rule. a PTE Can't do anything though. If Hattons want to drop the 28, yes, the 156 could replace it but if Hattons don't want to, and they can refuse all funding if they so wish.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)