Current time: 19/03/2024, 08:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

St Helens Bus Network Review (2018)
RE: St Helens Bus Network Review (2018)
(15/09/2018 09:59)MTL0201 Wrote:  The 121/122, it was weird situation after the 22/22A were withdrawn, Dunriding Lane had a better evening & Sunday & bank holidays frequency than in the daytime, & earlier bus on Sunday than rest of the week.

I think the situation on Gaskell Street was worse as it was only hourly in the daytime but a mighty 3 buses per hour Evenings & Sundays.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
We are almost in February and still no update on this Bus review despite it claiming there would be a Public Survey to give feedback to the changes, The changes come into affect in April so i fail to see how there would be time to get feedback and make changes from the feedback they get.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
We now have the outcome of this review:

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us...-2019.aspx
I am looking forward to seeing who picks up some of these Tenders like the 39.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The 156 should have run via the Hospital originally as at present it's like an express service between Matalan and the stop by Sutton Park (corner of Robins Lane) and as such l hasn't been the best use of Limited funds.
Another change is the daytime 141 is going down to every 2 hours creating a strange situation where the Evening/Sunday service is more frequent that the Daytime.
(12/02/2019 14:42)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Another change is the daytime 141 is going down to every 2 hours creating a strange situation where the Evening/Sunday service is more frequent that the Daytime.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the 141 gets withdrawn as well
The 22 extension is interesting but they'll struggle with their fleet doing some of the 603 route in Haydock as shown on the map, whether the actually route sticks to main roads we'll have to see.
Another thought on the 22 - it feels like it's doing too much. Maybe scrapping the Earlestown-Vulcan section to stop it going back on itself and the 34A extended to Vulcan instead as requested in the consultation might be better.
(12/02/2019 19:29)jcksmnr Wrote:  Another thought on the 22 - it feels like it's doing too much. Maybe scrapping the Earlestown-Vulcan section to stop it going back on itself and the 34A extended to Vulcan instead as requested in the consultation might be better.

I agree. 100% Personally, I would route the 22 via Park Road South, do Bradlegh Road and round to Earlestown and then run out via Sefton Street then go as a 603. This gets rid of all of the duplication and helps replace the Park Road South - Newton Station link which is being reduced with the 141.

It's a small change but it would make so much sense with the route.

What a mess this will be though. 22 Ashton to Warrington, 22A Wigan to Warrington... I think Warrington are just begging for routes if I am honest. This gets them funding from the 603. It will be funny to watch all the geminis going Earlestown to Ashton as the 22 gets too busy sometimes for cadets.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)