Current time: 29/03/2024, 06:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
Further to my last post, both MX09 ANF/R are now with Bayhopper Katicoach, New Zealand:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71427071@N0...hotostream
By stuno602

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It was on it again today. The legal lettering is for DJ Coaches of Gravesend.
One of the buses on the 272 (sorry didn't see which one it was, but was one of the Wright Crusaders), was involved in a minor bump today in Ellesmere Port when a car crashed in to the back of it of it near the traffic lights by Kwik Fit on Whitby Road. Had just left Ellesmere Port Bus Station, and heading towards the junction with Sutton Way.

Caused quite a bit of chaos as there is currently road works there and traffic is filtered in to one lane with 3 way traffic lights. Nothing could get past, but police had the incident cleared within 30 minutes and seemingly continued it's journey. Car was a bit of a mess, but the bus got away with a bit of a dent. Seemingly no injuries to anyone on bus or the car driver either.
Went over to Helms today, X261 NNO (X5 ACL) is masked up ready for painting into ACL livery and is to move over to the Aintree base once ready. S129 RLE has been sold to Ensign Bus and wont see much longer with Helms, may be seen on schools in september but should be gone before the end of the year. S236 YOO is at Aintree base having some work done to it, not sure what! Trident X373 NNO is here and painted in Helms livery, should be out on schools, mainly 358s, in Sept. I think it is worth mentioning that this trident is to keep its middle exit doors. There was another ex London trident there also however i didnt take the reg. Its also in new livery. N422 JBV is repaired and will be taxed ready for the new school year. N419 JBV and N404 ARA are at Helms receiving some attention.

Some more buses due in the not so distant future, but you'll have to wait and see!

Luke

I am no longer active on this forum.
Latest Helms Vehicle On The Road And Not Fully Painted

Photo Here T38KLD : http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorth...otostream/

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
That'll be the other trident i didnt get the reg of in my last post, ex Metroline.

Thanks for that M.

I was out and about in Chester today when I seen X866 CCA at the lights outside HMV, the bus looked odd as was very high at the back and didnt change when the bus moved off, strange.
Ive noticed a few wright bodies tend to have ferrylift issues.. Look at some of firsts axcess floline bodied scanias, they do that quite often, either too high at the front or too high at the back! And if both ends are at the height theyre supposed to be, its quite common to see them dance when theyre stopped!

Just a poor design I think, they do look odd like that!

There is high and then there is high and believe me this was very high, it looked as though the bus has been kneeling and not come back up, it almost looked tilited, I have never seen anything like it. Wish I had took a photo but obviously I never probably because I hardly ever do.
Could be driving with front knelt and ferry lift on back axle but more likely an over inflated back air bag. They can look quite shocking sometimes.

I think I'm right in saying Laird Street disabled the ferry lifts on the X reg Cadets very early on as drivers were pumping them up to the top to drive over speed bumps quicker along Maryland Lane.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)