Current time: 25/04/2024, 21:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
Looks quite smart, im yet to ride on X373 NNO and T38 KLD. Also noticed NV15/N415 JBV appears to be based at Helms now too, presumably in place of X5 ACL (X261 NNO) which has transfered over to Aintree. Hope 415 makes it onto the 358 at some point!

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Olympians S191 YOO and S129 RLE sold to Tees Valley

Olympian S236 YOO also now at Tees Valley coaches, photos of S191/236 YOO and S129 RLE here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/uknorthbusp...140031582/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/61391443@N02/8081065814/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/61391443@N02/8131699771/

Trident V137 MEV on the road again yesterday and on Neston 360s. It broke down on the morning run but is back out today and is on 65A to Wirral Grammar.

N421 JBVs tax ran out yesterday and is now off the road, presumably having work carried out on it as the fan belt was screeching badly, performance seemed down compared to usual and rear suspension doesnt feel quite right.

Luke

More bad news for Neston residents. Having recently lost the Merseytravel evenings and Sunday service to Arrowe Park, the online news bulletin, CH64news, is reporting that Helms will deregister their daytime 272 between Neston and Arrowe Park from December
Was this a Cheshire West and Chester Council contract or commercial.
commercial but with some CWaC support I believe. Neston town council is in negotiations with CWaC to see if the service can be saved. I think it was originally supported by both Cheshire Council and Merseytravel, until a year or two back
(13/11/2012 23:31)wirralbus Wrote:  Was this a Cheshire West and Chester Council contract or commercial.

This is a Cheshire West and Chester contracted service.
(13/11/2012 23:44)darthblakey Wrote:  
(13/11/2012 23:31)wirralbus Wrote:  Was this a Cheshire West and Chester Council contract or commercial.

I believe CWaC only support the route in Cheshire hence the issue now with what is effectively, give or take a mile or so, the bit over the border into Merseyside.
(13/11/2012 23:49)SNL 824 Wrote:  
(13/11/2012 23:44)darthblakey Wrote:  

I believe CWaC only support the route in Cheshire hence the issue now with what is effectively, give or take a mile or so, the bit over the border into Merseyside.

Taken from the timetable displayed on the Merseytravel timetable page
Routes 272 and 274 are supported by
Cheshire West & Chester Council
(14/11/2012 00:43)darthblakey Wrote:  
(13/11/2012 23:49)SNL 824 Wrote:  
(13/11/2012 23:44)darthblakey Wrote:  This is a Cheshire West and Chester contracted service.

Taken from the timetable displayed on the Merseytravel timetable page
Routes 272 and 274 are supported by
Cheshire West & Chester Council

Compare that to the normal Merseytravel service which is : Funded by Merseytravel - operated by XXXX.

Anyway the point is that the funding and operation of the route has long since been complicated as it was derived from a combination of the 59/A in Cheshire and a Merseytravel route 272. However the route is no longer considered viable beyond the Cheshire border.

Interestingly the CWaC website shows the E Port - Arrowe Park 272 Helms service withdrawn from 23/12, and the replacement E Port to Neston service starting on 24th but registered to ACL.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)