Current time: 16/04/2024, 15:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GNWR
GNWR
GNWR (a subsidiary of Alliance Rail) have had a track application to run Lancashire to London services approved by the ORR. It will be operated by mk4 sets.

http://orr.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file...letter.pdf
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: GNWR
Virgin will not be happy.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(08/06/2018 17:49)childwallblues Wrote:  Virgin will not be happy.

I'm pretty sure Virgin only proposed serving Blackpool in response to the original open access application, which proposed using CSRE diesel-electric Polaris trains - a type of tilting train which never got beyond the drawing board. The original plan had calls at Warrington and Winsford and also had it interworking with a Euston to Warrington to Victoria to Huddersfield service.
Schedules now in RTT from the timetable change, although I don't suppose for a minute they will start then.
Calls are Milton Keynes, Nuneaton, Preston, Kirkham, Poulton.
Schedules now removed from RTT, rather than cancelled, or changed to not advertised. Perhaps they sent somebody to count the passengers alighting from the Virgin services at Blackpool?
(12/01/2020 22:48)mikestone Wrote:  Schedules now removed from RTT, rather than cancelled, or changed to not advertised. Perhaps they sent somebody to count the passengers alighting from the Virgin services at Blackpool?

Possibly issues getting enough mk4 sets and crews recruited and trained on them in time?
Apparently a 90 is going to Toton for repainting on Wednesday. When I looked yesterday they had advertised for non-safety critical customer service staff at Blackpool, but looking again today they are now advertising for senior conductors, so looks as though still going to happen. Perhaps they have already got Northern drivers lined up or intend to use Cargo drivers?
(13/01/2020 21:50)mikestone Wrote:  Apparently a 90 is going to Toton for repainting on Wednesday. When I looked yesterday they had advertised for non-safety critical customer service staff at Blackpool, but looking again today they are now advertising for senior conductors, so looks as though still going to happen. Perhaps they have already got Northern drivers lined up or intend to use Cargo drivers?

90026 apparently off for paint today

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Just a question for consumption , is open access operation just a cherry picking exercise that just takes revenue from the franchised operator.

Lets not forget than two franchises have gone belly up on the east coast , wouldnt like to see that on the west coast.
(16/01/2020 07:13)wirralbus Wrote:  Just a question for consumption , is open access operation just a cherry picking exercise that just takes revenue from the franchised operator.

Lets not forget than two franchises have gone belly up on the east coast , wouldnt like to see that on the west coast.
This OAO is just there to try and steal revenue from the WCML stations. Blackpool is simply there as a coverup so they can say they are providing for a different market.

Hull Trains is similar in that it tries to steal Doncaster revenue.

Grand Central ECML does try to steal revenue at York and Doncaster but the rest has worked out quite well for them patronage wise (Fair few passengers on the routes not travelling from London to York/Doncaster).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)