Current time: 29/03/2024, 05:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transport for Wales Rail
RE: Transport for Wales Rail
Yes they are booked 150. 284 is on the next working.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Incident on a 150 earlier today
https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/che...s-16298654
Someone in Chester Power Box needs to know what is already in a platform before letting another train in.

The unit to form the 20.30 Liverpool Lime Street was on the block of platform 5 , next thing the 20.09 arrival from NT service to Manchester Piccadilly was placed on top of this unit , one big problem this unit isnt due out till 21.02

The traincrew of the TFW service then had to go in search of the Northern Traincrew to move the set onto an adjacent platform , this adjacent platform happened to be platform 6 which was vacant through all of this .

The booked platform for the TfW is platform 6 and the Northern Train is booked for Platform 5.
I travelled on the 1427 Chester to Lime Street service yesterday which was 158836, another in TfW livery. This went from Platform 5 which also had 150143 on the blocks. Before departure the guard annouced that Merseytravel passes were not valid on the service before Liverpool South Parkway.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(22/05/2019 06:45)childwallblues Wrote:  I travelled on the 1427 Chester to Lime Street service yesterday which was 158836, another in TfW livery. This went from Platform 5 which also had 150143 on the blocks. Before departure the guard annouced that Merseytravel passes were not valid on the service before Liverpool South Parkway.

My experience was the same ref the on board announcement although I did the trip in reverse Liverpool to Chester on Sunday so obviously the announcement was tailored for the direction I was travelling in.
I was in Liverpool today and I saw 158826 and 150240 on the Liverpool-Chester service.
(21/05/2019 22:23)wirralbus Wrote:  Someone in Chester Power Box needs to know what is already in a platform before letting another train in.

The unit to form the 20.30 Liverpool Lime Street was on the block of platform 5 , next thing the 20.09 arrival from NT service to Manchester Piccadilly was placed on top of this unit , one big problem this unit isnt due out till 21.02

The traincrew of the TFW service then had to go in search of the Northern Traincrew to move the set onto an adjacent platform , this adjacent platform happened to be platform 6 which was vacant through all of this .

The booked platform for the TfW is platform 6 and the Northern Train is booked for Platform 5.

Seems the unit off a Swansea service was used to run the Liverpool, when that unit is booked to go to platform 3A and then to shunt to the sidings. When the train from Swansea arrived, the unit for the 19:20 to Leeds would have occupied platform 6.
(22/05/2019 18:47)knutstransport Wrote:  Seems the unit off a Swansea service was used to run the Liverpool, when that unit is booked to go to platform 3A and then to shunt to the sidings. When the train from Swansea arrived, the unit for the 19:20 to Leeds would have occupied platform 6.

Oh and the unit was an absolute tip , the guard managed to remove three plastic bags worth of cans bottles and general rubbish which was removed from the train on arrival at liverpool Lime st.

The livery of the 175 in the TfW livery is very eye-catching
The announcements at Chester station for the new TFW Luverpool service refer to Liverpool South Parkway as Allerton!!!
(22/05/2019 21:55)N271CKB Wrote:  The announcements at Chester station for the new TFW Luverpool service refer to Liverpool South Parkway as Allerton!!!
Even better still if the announcer were to say "Holly Park for Allerton".

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)