Current time: 19/04/2024, 10:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transport for Wales Rail
RE: KeolisAmey Wales & Borders
(02/09/2018 09:16)mikestone Wrote:  Since the service is being promoted by Merseyrail I would have thought Merseyrail ticketing would be applied?

Day savers aren't valid on existing 'City Line' services and if a new ticket was introduced would it also be accepted on other operators' services between South Parkway and Lime Street higher level?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/09/2018 06:34)childwallblues Wrote:  Six stops? Helsby, Frodsham, Runcorn, South Parkway and where else please?
Sorry, 6 stops on the whole timetable. Even so, 5 stops (including the terminus) actually backs up my point even more. The less stops, people think it is quicker, and therefore opt for the faster service.

(01/09/2018 08:49)knutstransport Wrote:  Prior to the recent TPE changes passengers at Huddersfield seem to have no problems with TPE services to Piccadilly are the fast services and depart from platform 1, Victoria services are slow Northern services and depart from platform 4, why should it be any different at Chester to Lime Street where Merseyrail trains have designated platforms?

Surely if passengers go to the ticket office they'll be asked if they want the cheaper Merseyrail only ticket or the more expensive any permitted ticket and if they buy the cheaper ticket from a TVM it should give a warning that the ticket is only valid on Merseyrail services, with the printing on the ticket confirming the validity.
Every station is different so I don't see why you keep comparing but oh well... Huddersfield firstly platform 1 and 4 are different sides of the station. At Chester, the trains will go from the same side and I think there will end up being some times where both Liverpool trains use Platform 7 (obviously utilising the A and B ends). Two trains, both going to Liverpool. One has 5 stops, other 16. Another point is Chester has a LOT more tourists than Huddersfield. Most people who use Huddersfield are commuters. Chesters tourists only just know the X8 gets them to the zoo. Let alone which train to use when there are 2 trains, same time, both go the same place....

The TVM might say Merseyrail only and Any Permitted but that doesn't mean people listen to all the restrictions.

(02/09/2018 07:09)wirralbus Wrote:  Is this service going to be allocated to platform 5 presently the least used platform at Chester ?
(02/09/2018 08:46)knutstransport Wrote:  Surely it'll depend what platforms Northern get allocated as well if the Chester-Leeds service starts. Also if the additional Greenbank-Manchester starts it would likely be in the path currently used by Chester-Greenbank-Manchester meaning the Chester-Manchester would run 30 minutes earlier and affect platform usage as well.
Possibly. Sometimes Northern store their spare set there. It may be a mix of 5, 6 and 7A like the Northern services (7A isn't used normally by Northern but there are times when the Man Pic train uses P4 at which point this leaves P7A clear. Using 7A and 4 is more preferred where possible as all it saves people running as far. You normally find people running from the stairs to P5/6 (bearing in mind sometimes it is front train only) with only 30 seconds before the train departs).

(02/09/2018 09:16)mikestone Wrote:  Since the service is being promoted by Merseyrail I would have thought Merseyrail ticketing would be applied?
(02/09/2018 09:37)knutstransport Wrote:  Day savers aren't valid on existing 'City Line' services and if a new ticket was introduced would it also be accepted on other operators' services between South Parkway and Lime Street higher level?
I don't see why Merseyrail tickets would be accepted at all. That said, Merseytravel passes would almost certainly be valid between Lime Street and South Parkway.

Surely!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
This service is being promoted by merseytravel , not merseyrail.

Why would Merseytravel ticketing be available in Cheshire , Im sure the fares set between Chester and Liverpool via Runcorn would be set by the new Wales franchise .
(07/09/2018 00:23)wirralbus Wrote:  This service is being promoted by merseytravel , not merseyrail.

Why would Merseytravel ticketing be available in Cheshire , Im sure the fares set between Chester and Liverpool via Runcorn would be set by the new Wales franchise .

To be 100% clear.

Merseytravel have a subdivision called Merseyrail, which is why the name Merseyrail appears at 'City Line' stations and used to appear on Pacer trains.

Merseyrail is also the name of a rail concession which is operated by Merseyrail Electrics 2002 Ltd (owned by Serco and Abellio) and trades as Merseyrail.

The fares for Liverpool South Parkway to Lime Street are set by Merseyrail (the subdivision of Merseytravel), just like Huyton to Liverpool. Runcorn to Lime Street is set by West Midlands Trains, although there are also Virgin only fares. There's no reason why that would change unless Wales & Borders want to set Wales & Borders only fares.
Reportedly some 144s will be taken on by Wales and Borders next year as a temporary measure due to the Sprinter PRM refurbishment work being behind schedule due to the 769s being delayed.
(09/09/2018 10:57)knutstransport Wrote:  Reportedly some 144s will be taken on by Wales and Borders next year as a temporary measure due to the Sprinter PRM refurbishment work being behind schedule due to the 769s being delayed.

I Assume the 144s will only get used around Cardiff?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(09/09/2018 11:07)T42 PVM Wrote:  I Assume the 144s will only get used around Cardiff?
I would think you are right. Keep the pacers where they already run. They wouldn't want to upset people by downgrading lines.

Any ideas if these 144s will be the 2 or 3 car versions?
there are Lines up North you could get away with using them on but since they are similar to a 142 it makes sense keeping them at Cardiff as the crew and Engineers wont need much training on them

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(09/09/2018 18:15)iMarkeh Wrote:  I would think you are right. Keep the pacers where they already run. They wouldn't want to upset people by downgrading lines.

Any ideas if these 144s will be the 2 or 3 car versions?

Two car I believe

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)