Current time: 24/04/2024, 03:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Fleet Movements 22nd April 18
RE: Arriva Fleet Movements 22nd April 18
10/10A are already long enough without diverting them through Huyton, plus the 10 is a lower frequency than the 10B, the 10B is every 10 minutes, 10 is every 20 minutes, could it be the 10/10A being interworked with the 10B rather than the routes merged?

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The only way rerouting the 10 via Huyton is going to work is if there is also an express/limited stop variant of the present route 10 introduced to compensate but can't see that happening.
The 10 thing is just an option they are looking at and isn't a for definite thing.
The 10b isnt getting withdrawn and it wont effect the 10A partnership.
(21/04/2018 13:43)motormayhem1 Wrote:  The 10 thing is just an option they are looking at and isn't a for definite thing.
The 10b isnt getting withdrawn and it wont effect the 10A partnership.

The 10-10B is just thinking about interworking each other isn't it rather than merging the routes, & even interworking the 10B, as both 10 & 10A frequencies don't match the 10B frequency, unless Arriva reduce the 10B to 12 minutes, or increase the 10 or 10A to 10 minutes, & given the 10 was reduced to 20 minutes last autumn can't see that being increased.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(21/04/2018 15:07)MTL0201 Wrote:  The 10-10B is just thinking about interworking each other isn't it rather than merging the routes, & even interworking the 10B, as both 10 & 10A frequencies don't match the 10B frequency, unless Arriva reduce the 10B to 12 minutes, or increase the 10 or 10A to 10 minutes, & given the 10 was reduced to 20 minutes last autumn can't see that being increased.

I know very little about this, but my two pence would be that it could be possible to have buses run along the current 10B route from Liverpool to Huyton Bus Station every 10 minutes, with every other bus continuing to St Helens (every 20 minutes).
The 10 could either operate from the Manor Farm / Elizabeth Road area directly to Whiston (omitting Prescot and some bus stops which the 89 also serves), just the shorts could go to Elizabeth Road, or as another poster has mentioned, other routes could cover the Manor Farm area (route 7 also already covers some of the area).
By my calculations, this could reduce the combined PVR for the routes by about 5.
If it went through then the 10 would be normal upto brookbridge then left onto huyton lane past the golf club then left at huyton job centre into bus station then out like a 10b down bluebell lane and vice versa on return but would mean an extra 3 buses would be brought in to do it.
(19/04/2018 16:49)Y474 KNF Wrote:  I don't think it'll be a downgrade myself - especially if the Pulsars are upgraded to Sapphire standard. In my experience I think Pulsars are the right size buses for that route

Yes. The 47 is being converted to double decker operation

It will therefore compete more effectively with Stagecoach route X2 now. I know there are occasional double-deckers on route 47 already, and I rode and Enviro400 on it 15 months ago.
(21/04/2018 16:18)motormayhem1 Wrote:  If it went through then the 10 would be normal upto brookbridge then left onto huyton lane past the golf club then left at huyton job centre into bus station then out like a 10b down bluebell lane and vice versa on return but would mean an extra 3 buses would be brought in to do it.

Many thanks for the info, though I can't work out how an extra 3 buses would be required as the modified route wouldn't be much longer - that is, unless there is also a slight increase in frequency to every 15 minutes.
(21/04/2018 21:19)Valandil Wrote:  Many thanks for the info, though I can't work out how an extra 3 buses would be required as the modified route wouldn't be much longer - that is, unless there is also a slight increase in frequency to every 15 minutes.

I think thats the idea to increase it back to every 15 mins.
Have any of the fleet movements that were mentioned at the start of this thread actually taken place?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)