Current time: 16/04/2024, 19:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nexus Move Ltd
RE: Nexus Move Ltd
(05/05/2019 19:56)knutstransport Wrote:  Surely if there isn't a working machine running a service without one is better than no service at all (presuming either no fares are taken or any fares taken are recorded correctly.)

Surely when an operator puts In for a tender they should have the nessacary equipment. So as the 353/354 requires 2 buses, they should have a minimum of 4 buses and 4 ticket machines so lost mileage is not an issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/05/2019 21:14)Mayneway Wrote:  Well considering the majority of the users are OAP’s surly not being able to prove what’s been scanned, ie with credible ticket machine data surly they can’t claim any concessionairy reimbursement so why run trips with no ticket machine when the people your carrying are having a free ride.

The issue with the buses is slightly more serious in that from the front approaching stops the buses look like stagecoach and I wouldn’t think Stagecoach would want any link with these.

I somehow doubt operators don't get anything if ENCTS passes don't scan. Prior to changing their machines there was a period of weeks, if not months when no ENCTS passes were scanned on D&G Bus services. Plus on any service they seem to have a button to press if the pass won't scan, which drivers sometimes abuse and print off a whole load to save time when there's likely to be a load of pensioners i.e. the first bus after 09:30.

There was once an operator running the Macclesfield-Ashbourne service who recorded pass holders using a pen and paper (and not just as an emergency measure), I'm not sure that would be allowed now though.
(05/05/2019 21:17)Mayneway Wrote:  Surely when an operator puts In for a tender they should have the nessacary equipment. So as the 353/354 requires 2 buses, they should have a minimum of 4 buses and 4 ticket machines so lost mileage is not an issue.

I agree they should have spares but sod's law would be the day the spare ticket machine breaks is the day the spare bus without one would need to go out in to service.
(06/05/2019 08:29)knutstransport Wrote:  I somehow doubt operators don't get anything if ENCTS passes don't scan. Prior to changing their machines there was a period of weeks, if not months when no ENCTS passes were scanned on D&G Bus services. Plus on any service they seem to have a button to press if the pass won't scan, which drivers sometimes abuse and print off a whole load to save time when there's likely to be a load of pensioners i.e. the first bus after 09:30.

There was once an operator running the Macclesfield-Ashbourne service who recorded pass holders using a pen and paper (and not just as an emergency measure), I'm not sure that would be allowed now though.

I believe after the fraud case against Express Motors rules regarding reimbursements have been tightened up and ticket machine data needs to be provided to get payment for each concession carried.
Where data can’t be provided then they pay it on an average number of passengers carried, this in Manchester is worked out using Data collected by tfgm data Collectors - this is what I was told by a data collector anyway.
Heart RE: Nexus Move Ltd
There's two brand new mellor strata buses in use now
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(11/06/2019 08:01)NorthernCounties Wrote:  There's two brand new mellor strata buses in use now

LO19 YYE & LO19 YYF
LO19 YYE was having issues with the ticket machine on Thursday. On one trip the tickets and passes were recorded using pen and paper and on the rest of the trips the driver was given a handheld ticketer but he found it difficult to use.
The 2006 Optare Solo (ex stagecoach) has been used on 353 today and yesterday driven by Cash while LO19 YYE has been on 356. 354 has still been the usual LO19 YYF

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)