Current time: 20/04/2024, 04:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Wigan Bus Station
New Wigan Bus Station
hey guys,

I wonder if what you think of new wigan bus station and will open this year but hasnt aware it's not open yet...So any idea when it's open in new bus station.

Thank you,

Martyn
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: New Wigan Bus Station
(01/01/2018 22:52)Scania3379man Wrote:  hey guys,

I wonder if what you think of new wigan bus station and will open this year but hasnt aware it's not open yet...So any idea when it's open in new bus station.

Thank you,

Martyn

It's supposed be open for the end of this year

The link has an artist's CGI of the stands from outside if anybody are interested
http://www.vinciconstruction.co.uk/mobil...icleid=236

I'm hoping to get a ride to Wigan this week and see what progress has been been made
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(02/01/2018 06:51)RedPanda Wrote:  It's supposed be open for the end of this year

The link has an artist's CGI of the stands from outside if anybody are interested
http://www.vinciconstruction.co.uk/mobil...icleid=236

I'm hoping to get a ride to Wigan this week and see what progress has been been made

a lot of progress as been made from what ive seen as the frame work is all up but the ground foundations are still in deep process.
Can imagine it being a lot nicer for photographs of things departing at the right time of day however where is the layover?

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(02/01/2018 07:59)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Can imagine it being a lot nicer for photographs of things departing at the right time of day however where is the layover?

Layover is on next to the Stagecoach office and that's behind the 'photographer'
thank for info guys,

Martyn
I have drawn a map of what I expect the new bus station to look like. It's based on information from TfGM website, the developer's website and sightings of the bus station from yesterday. I've also taken a few photos at the Bishopgate end of the bus station. Site management wouldn't allow me with my camera at New Market Street so was unable to get photos there.
I'm missing the layout of the bus station, number of bus stands and entrance and exit though I expect they'll remain untouched. There may also be additional layover on the other side of the island.

https://flickr.com/photos/137286913@N05/...1093864194

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)